The Truth!

Netra’s PoV

Iraniyan was sitting near me in that crooked cave. I could now see his beauty behind this beastly appearance. I raised my hand to his face and he placed his cheek on my palm. I saw his eyes pour and that made my heart bleed.

“Are you alright?” He asked me and I got up and hugged him. I kissed him on his cheek and his grip around me just tightened.

“Are you?” I asked him and he shook his head in a no! 

“How could I be alright when I see you like this? You need to eat, Vizhi.” He said, parting me from him. 

“But what would I eat here? Also I have to go to my grandma, Iyan. she must be worried sick for me. Thuriga will be waiting for me.”

“You have to be careful, Vizhi. You must not trust anyone. You have a grandma?”

“Yes! She is your god’s mother. She was the one who said that I am a god too just like your god.”

“What? My god’s mother? I have never heard of her, Vizhi. But I want you to be very careful. Your babies are very important. Until they are in your tummy, they are safe and they will keep you safe but when you give birth to them, you must keep them safe. This planet is a dumpyard. Our god has dumped all her failed creatures here. You have to be careful.”

“I will be! I have to go now, will you meet me at the pond everyday? I will make sure to come after everyone falls asleep.”

“I would be glad to meet you, Vizhi. You don't know how long I have waited to see you in flesh and bones. This life is killing me, Vizhi. It is making me weak. All I want is to break free of this curse and only you can do that! You have to find the soul snatcher, Netra. To break our curse, you have to kill her.”

“Kill? Who?” I asked him. The very thought of killing someone shudders me. 

“Theeya. You have to kill Theeya.”

“But who is she? Why should I kill her to break your curse?”

“Our god was angry at me, Vizhi. She thought I was the reason that you left me. She thought I had an affair with Theeya which shooed you away from me to the land.”

“Did you?” I asked him! The very thought of him cheating on me was killing my soul. The anger that raised in my blood upon hearing this is insane. I would definitely not believe anything without proper evidence and if I had left him and decided to live on land, is he hiding anything from me? 

“You said I should not believe anyone, can I believe you?” I asked him. I know I love him. I know he is the love of my life. But I can't trust anyone like he says before I realize who I am and my purpose!

“You have never changed! You have no trust in me. You just heard what she told you and left me. We are destined to be together and my heart will never waver from you. You are my mate, not just for this instance, but for eternity. Your disbelief does hurt me, Vizhi. I don't know how someone else’s words gained much power over the love I have for you. But it’s ok! You were not ready back then to listen and now even if I explain, you will have the benefit of doubt. You will understand my love, you will understand yourself and will come back to me soon. But when you come back, you should come back with the soul snatcher. When you kill her with that, she will become weak! Her weakness is our salvation for the curse.”

“Iyan!” He moved away from me. I cannot let him go, not just yet.

“Come back to me when you completely trust my love, Vizhi. Until then, you can never find me.” He said and left me there. The mer-people followed him and disappeared in the darkness. Why did I suspect his love? What is a soul snatcher? Where would I find it? Who is Theeya? How will I know her? What did he mean by making her weak after killing her? It doesn't make any sense. I have numerous questions but no answers. 

Dreaming - 2 जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें