My Love?

Netra’s PoV

“Dyan!” I woke up from my sleep. That is what I thought, a dream! It was all a horrid dream. Dyan should be fine. Nothing should happen to him. Why did I have this nightmare? I have no clue. But I felt Dyan jumping off of a cliff screaming my name. Why would he do that instead of finding me? He won't! It is just a dream. 

As I regained my consciousness, I slowly started to feel my surroundings. It was damp around me and I felt my clothes wet. It hit me hard suddenly. Something dragged me under water. Am I dead? I opened my eyes and felt my hands and body. I touched my tummy and my babies kicked me. A wave of relief washed over me. I am not dead yet. My babies are fine. 

I was in a cave surrounded by water. The cave walls are dripping with water and are decorated with clams and luminescent creatures. It was a sight to see but I am in no mood to admire the cave. I looked around but I could not see anything or anyone but just small glowing bellied fishes. 

“Hello! Anyone there?” I called out to see who brought me down here. Obviously it didn't want to kill me so it needs something from me. I totally believe nothing happens randomly. 

“Hello!” I called again after some time. My voice echoed in the cave frightening me. The water was not very cold and the cave is warm in spite of all the water dripping along. No one would believe that the water melting from snow is warm. 

“Don't move!” I heard someone whisper from the far end of the cave where there is no light as I was about to get up and move along. 

“Who is there? What do you want? Why did you bring me here?” I asked a string of questions.

“That is the only place we made smooth. Every other place has sharp rocks. It is dangerous for you to move.” I heard the whisper again. I could not make it if it was a male or a female that was talking.

“So you are keeping me as a captive here?” I asked it as I felt protruding rocks around. The cave is lit only around me and the surroundings were completely dark. 

“No, Princess. Don't say that. We have made sure of your comfort before bringing you here.”

“Comfort? Then show me yourself.”

“Don't be scared of us princess. We are not monsters.” The voice was heard much closer now. I understood that whatever it is, it is going to show itself to me.

“Huh!” I sucked in a deep breath as they came into my vision. Mermaids and Mermen. Oh, my god! I have always known that the tales of the mermaids are true. They have a fishy lower body and a humanoid upper body. They are not pretty as the tales tell. They stink just like the fishes. They have gills behind their ears and their face is, well, not beautiful. They have cluttered hair and slimy arms. They have adorned themselves with glowing clams and shells. 

“Princess!” They all bowed before me, some jumped in the water and the fishes glowed bright making them visible for me. 

“Are you all for real? You are Mer-people?”

“Yes!” A Merman came forward. By his size and looks, I can easily tell that he is the leader here.

“OMG! I could not believe my eyes.”

“I know you would not have expected us to be this ugly.” He said.

“Ugly? No! I am amazed. I thought you were just imaginary though I loved to think the other way. Nature's creations are not ugly. Everything has a beauty inside it and beauty varies from eye to eye. I find you all beautiful.”