The Doubts & The Stories

Author’s PoV

Netra got used to the new place and her surroundings. The people here were so good to her and they never touched her without her permission, even her grandma stayed away from her. They didn't want to inflict pain on her. Netra voluntarily helped ailing people by taking away their pain. This made the people there respect her and worship her. This new status of ‘GOD’ was still astonishing and unacceptable to her but she took in with humbleness. Isfe appointed Giza as her trainer and he was with her all the time. Netra wanted to start practicing her already known powers on the little critters and trees.

“Giza, can you take me to the forest? It’s quite boring here.”  Netra asked him.

“I want to come too!” Thuriga chimed in. Netra and Thuriga were given a little hut near Giza’s hut in the outer circle of the village and they have become good friends now.

“Haha, we are not going anywhere leaving you behind.” Netra laughed at her.

“I just want to see you in action. I mean, controlling animals and plants? That’s fascinating and I don't think I will miss a chance to witness the greatness of a goddess in action.”

“Come on, Thuri. I am no god. I still don't understand what I am doing here. But I know a big responsibility is laid on my shoulders and now I am trying to live up to it.”

“Princess, you will know your greatness soon. But the leader said you are supposed to rest and not use your powers. We can go for a walk but don't strain yourself.” Giza said.

“I am perfectly fine, Giza. I just want to know if my powers work. My babies will be fine!” She rubbed her belly which is getting bigger by the day. When her grandma said that she was carrying twins, she understood why she felt kicks from either side of her waist everytime she tried to talk to her baby. She terribly wanted to share this happy news with Dyan and she terribly missed him.

“Ok, Princess!” He said with a little bow which made her uneasy as usual but she had learnt not to stop them anymore.

They set out to the forest for a walk. The chirping of the birds and the buzzing of the insects were music to the ears. No sun meant no sweat and the walk was absolutely pleasurable. The colorful light display told them there are numerous living things around them. Netra was still contemplating the truth that she is possibly a god born to help people. Netra stopped when she spotted a pond.

“Wow!” She exclaimed at the beauty of it. The pond was shimmering in the light of two moons in the sky. The little fishies were all glowing in different colors just like the animals in the midnight-zone of the oceans on earth. Thuriga was speechless! She saw a similar fish that Nalan had bought her as a pet. 

“This is where we get water for our consumption.” Giza said. He could not understand what is there to awe about this pond.

“But it looks so small. How do you all get water from this? Is this the only source?” Thuriga asked him. Her side, they have oceans and rivers. Maayon has built gizmos that will purify the water and deliver it to their door. 

“Don't step near!” Giza stopped Netra who was about to walk near the water. She looked at him with a question mark on her eyebrows. 

“The wall of the pond is made of silica dust. It will easily gash your skin.” He warned Netra and turned his attention to Thuriga. “Did you forget that this side is made up of snow? This pond is an eternal pond. It will never dry up. This is the water that comes because of the melted snow. As the heat from the tornado melts the snow on the outer side, the pond fills up.” 

“Oh, but I have a fish similar to this fish in my house. People on my side are selling them in pots as pets. You said no one from the other side has come here but how did they get the fish?”