End Isfe?

Author’s PoV

Maayon and Senthalir were already in the dining hall when Hanuma left Netra at the entrance. Netra walked with her head held high towards them and took her seat opposite to them on the very long oval shaped dining table. In Spite of everything made of stone and rocks, the dining table was the only one made of wood. It was the most fashionable item in this whole palace. 

Maids came in with wooden utensils filled with different kinds of food. The smell of the meat and soup was making Netra drool. It felt like ages since she had a relaxed good meal. Her granny gave her good food but it was all vegetables and leaves and fruits. Netra was deprived of meat. 

“An animal lover enjoying meat! You are an exquisite combo.” Maayon said while admiring his daughter devour the food.

“The chicken and goat can’t live in the wild. Humans are rearing them for meat. The same goes to cows and pigs that humans farm. These are just like farming the crops for our needs and use. Don't try to make me guilty for eating meat. If we don't eat them, they will exploit the environment.”

“Haha, I am not against eating meat. Our body needs them to thrive. And I'm not trying to guilt you by bringing up this topic. Eat, dear!” He gestured to her to eat while he concentrated on his plate. 

Senthalir sat there like a third wheel. She could not talk to Netra like Maayon does. Something is stopping her from getting close to her own daughter and she doesn't know what it is. She wanted to ask her daughter about her childhood. She wanted to know if she grew up in difficulty. She wanted to know everything about Netra, about her interests, what she enjoys doing and so on. But the situation right now is not appropriate for such talks and that hurts her more.

“Amma, I read your journal and knew a little about your life. Tell me something, how could you still be with him even after knowing that he tricked you into falling in love with him?” Netra asked her mom while keeping her eyes at her dad. She felt a weird sense of happiness to see hurt in his eyes.

“He is my mate, Netra.”

“Mate? Then why did your wolf go dormant?”

“This relationship we have is for eternity, Netra. Maybe my wolf was fated to have a wolf mate but your dad is my mate.”

“You are too confusing,” Netra told her mom and showed her how her decision disgusted her. The disgust on Netra’s face infuriated Maayon and hurt Senthalir. 

“You don't know many things, Netra. It is better for you to not draw conclusions before knowing anything to its depth.” Maayon told her and started telling her everything from the beginning.

He told her about Amirtham and how it made his people infertile which she had already known from her grandma. He told her how he and Dhira met and fell in love, how Dhira felt inferior because of the infertility and how she went to find a way to break free of this body, which again she already knew from the coven leaders.

“So you found a way?” She asked her dad to know if everything the coven leaders said was true. She was wary to believe anyone here.

“The damage caused by amirtham is irreversible. The only way was to kill herself. She found the elders who had the soul snatcher and got it from them. The elders asked her to kill herself with it.”

“Then?”

“She killed herself with the soul snatcher. She asked me to release her soul into space when a blue star falls from the sky on the northern side. But before I could do it, we were expelled from our home land to earth. There was no way to calculate the fall of a blue star. I had to find my sister and also calculate the fall of a blue star. It took me many millennials before we could build proper spacecraft to venture out into space. It took us many centuries to find the portals that would take us to different places. We had to figure out how to use the wormholes for our convenience. We had to find a way to not get killed in the vacuum. We had to make a living among the earthlings who at the time were giants and minions while figuring out the proper way to neutralize our body to be ready for space travel.”