Chapter Ninety

A/N: THANK YOU GUYS FOR 22K READS OMGGGG

And can you believe this is chapter 90???? Like whattt????

—————————————————————

"Rex..." I pulled him aside as Fives body was escorted out, and back to the Grand Republic Medical facility. "I need you to do me a favor."

"Anything, General."

"Store two copies of Fives file, and lock each with me and Anakin's access codes. If you feel you're about get caught, drop it, and clear it."

"But General-"

"Rex, I need you to do this, we aren't being told the entire truth. If someone catches you say it was a direct order from General Aviss and that I abused my rank for personal gain." He nodded hesitantly, then caught up with the others.

......

"You are to continue your Jedi studies within the archives and practice your forms while I'm away." I told Anatoli, who glared at me. "Madame Jocasta has a list of texts I expect you to read by my return."

"So you're just up and leaving?"

"I'll return, I have to get some things sorted out first." I shot back, I didn't have time for his pestering about my decision.

"For how long? You know, you don't have to keep me as a Padawan, the Masters could find someone else." He called out, I paused for a brief moment then walked out of his room without sparing another word.

......

"Denied, your request is, afraid am I." Master Yoda told me, after waiting two weeks for his response on my request to get my own legion.

"Master, it I may ask, why?"

"The council has deemed it unnecessary." Mace Windu answered. My gaze shifted to Obi-Wan who was abnormally silent, he was orchestrating this.

"We're low on the amount of clones we have, we can't spare to create another legion, and still provide clones for the rest." Obi-Wan said.

"Casualties are getting higher by the day, creating a new legion is unrealistic at the moment.." Shaak Ti said.

I nodded as I walked out of the chambers. I was disappointed my request was denied, me and Master were not speaking, and me having to remain in the 501st was not at all what I wanted to happen.

......

"Liyah, I heard what happened with you and Anakin, I think you two are just having a misunderstanding. I know you took a leave away from Coruscant, but there's an opera in three weeks, I'm extending my senatorial invite to you. It could be just us, Anakin doesn't attend these things anyway, it would be a pleasure to see you again. I'm always free to talk and just listen.."

I didn't respond to the holomessage, but I kept the invite in the back of my mind. I didn't plan on being off world too long.

......

I spent the last two weeks on Shili, in the woods to clear my mind. Touching back down on Coruscant, my mind felt as clouded as it was when I left.