Chapter Seventy-Eight

Three Senators greeted us. Padmé Amidala, Bail Organa, and Riyo Chuchi. It was pleasant to see her and Padmé grow closer after I recommended her to ask Padmé for some Senatorial Advice. "I'm so glad you're okay Liyah." Padmé ran ahead of them.

"Me too, Senator Amidala." I smiled. "I've come as Senator Jado's Jedi escort."

"I see." Padmé smiled softly.

"Todays meeting should be relatively short, it's just some formalities we need to add." Senator Organa said.

"Precisely." Riyo agreed.

We made our way to the Senate Chambers. The meeting was indeed short. The Chancellor just announced formally, the addition to Jakku as one of the Republic's states and the grant of amnesty to anyone who dwells on the planet and achieves citizenship there.

"I appreciate you three for mentoring me." Jado spoke to them.

"It's our pleasure, we all know what's it's like being a newly made Senator." Padmé replied. I almost forgot how young she was. Anakin had told me a bit of her past, ironic since he doesn't share much of it himself, although some things I managed to accidentally figure out about him.

"It's around time for us to head back to Jakku." Jado said. I nodded and bid farewell to the Senators.

Jado explained to me the plan of departure. He would take a personal shuttle while the Jakku Warship would go on behind us. I had no idea Jakku had such things as warships.

"They're fairly new. We saved up enough to build a fleet. A singular one, but we'll get more as we go." He explained. I was still marveled at the fact how he managed to turn Jakku around so greatly, yet so fast. I couldn't imagine why Ismene would even protest any of it.

I sensed an urgent presence approaching, it was all too familiar. "Anatoli what are you doing here?" I whipped around, my Padawan had been following us for the last 12 minutes.

"Master!" He caught his breath, "You were gonna leave me?"

"No, you're instructed to stay on Coruscant until I return." I rolled my eyes. "Jado, wait in the shuttle I have to explain to my Padawan why he needs to follow directions." I crossed my arms.

"You're my Master. If you told the council you wanted me to come, they would have let me go!"

"You need to stay here, and besides it's just a drop off. I didn't feel the need to protest. I want you to continue your studies, because I catch you not reading your history. I'm going to quiz you once I return so I would study."

"That's so boring..." he groaned. "One minute you're like a super hero, the next you're one of the old temple monks.."

"Stop calling me old. I'm making sure you're well rounded. I'll be gone

for a while, so practice all your forms, I'll quiz you on that too."

"Yes Master." He bowed and walked away.

I entered the ship with Jado. "Are the coordinates set?" I asked.

He nodded and instructed the R7 unit to set a course for Jakku. "Your Padawan seems nice." He commented.

"He is when he wants to be." I replied, "He just has selective hearing." I chuckled.

"Is it like having a son?" He asked.

"I don't know. I've never thought of it that way." I started pondering. "We aren't supposed to have familiar attachment."

"That's dumb, they give you children to look after, yet you can't get attached?"