Chapter Seventy-Seven

I awoke inside the medical bay in the Senate building. Anatoli and Anakin were by my side. I felt my collar bone, the pain was gone but it left a scar.

"They said luckily it wasn't fatal, but it left a scar." Anakin said.

"It's okay though, Master." Anatoli leaned on the medical bed. "It's just a scar."

"How long was I out?" I looked towards Anakin.

"A few hours, the Senate is resuming their meeting now." He replied.

I got up from my position, "I promised Padmé I'd attend."

"You should rest. I'm sure she'll tell you the results." Anatoli suggested.

"And Jado?"

"Who?"

Master sighed, "The man she got shot for."

Anatoli looked at me, then looked back at Anakin. "You took a blast for some random guy?"

"It's...it's our duty as Jedi to protect, so yes. Now tell me about your training." I tried to change the subject.

"What's there to tell? It's the same dumb drills you assigned me before, I did them over and over like you said." He rolled his eyes.

"He got pretty far, even farther than you at your first day."

"That's good." I smiled. "You've done well, Padawan."

"Yeah okay." He he sat back down and crossed his arms. "Do I have to do that everyday?"

"No, every few weeks though, until it's easy. Then perhaps I'll assign something even more tedious and exhausting." I stroked my chin teasingly. Anatoli was not amused.

"I think I'm relatively healed." I said.

"That's not what the medical droid said." Master crossed his arms, "He said you'd need at-least a rotation to rest."

"The droid doesn't know my body like I do." I stood up. "And besides, all those times I got knocked out, kidnapped...imprisoned, makes me not want to just sit around all day."

"Wait what? You got knocked out? Kidnapped!? Imprisoned!? When?" Anatoli shot up.

"Don't worry about it." I sighed.

"Jeez Master, I thought you were a boring old lady like Madame Jocasta Nu! You actually did exciting stuff?" I shot him a glare that silenced him and made Anakin giggle.

"I need to speak to Jado." I said.

"Well he's due for a word with the Council. They requested you to, for tomorrow. They want to know what exactly happened. Since the attacker attacked you, it makes it a Jedi affair."

"How generous of the Council. I'll just wait for them to pass the case over to the Senate, like usual."

"Don't he like that, Giggles."

"Giggles?" Anatoli covered his mouth.

"Master!" I growled, he didn't need to make me seem like a baby infront of my Padawan. "I no longer go by that name."

"Yeah, it's General Giggles now." Anatoli said, amused by his own humor.

"Oh yeah? Well General Giggles is about to order Commander Smarty to a lifetime in the archives on guard duty!"

The next day I made my way to the Council Chambers. I dreaded the place, and ultimately avoided it ever since I re-entered the order.

"A pleasure to see you, it is." Master Yoda greeted me. "Under better circumstances, I wish it was."