Chapter Sixty-Nine

"I'm going to try to appeal this." Padmé walked with me as the Clones forcefully pulled me through the halls to my cell.

"Don't bother, I need you to focus on Ashoka's case. I trust you will represent her when she returns correct?" She nodded as the ray shield separated us.

"You get 5 minutes Senator, then we'll have to escort you out." Commander Fox said, walking away and giving us space.

"Liyah, I have to work on an appeal as soon as possible. You could be executed tomorrow, it all depends when the Chancellor and Tarkin decide!"

"That doesn't matter Padmé, Ahsoka will share my fate if she isn't proven innocent. It's up to you and Anakin now. I've done my part."

"Your part? You mean breaking her out?"

"No, not just that. I needed to get the Senate preoccupied while Ahsoka gathered what she needed to prove herself innocent."

"Anakin is going after Ahsoka today.." Padmé said.

"I know, I can feel it through the force. And I just know... 'everything is set in motion'." I quoted Qui Gon.

"Liyah...you are truly selfless." She smiled weakly. "I will build Ashoka's defense, and when I'm done I will do everything I can to get you out."

"Thank you Padmé."

That night I was brought my "dinner" by Rex. "I...I understand why you did it Commander." He said, sliding it through the ray shield. "And I can't blame you for it. I'm sorry it had to come to all this."

"I am too Rex, sorry it's coming to this, but I don't have any regrets."

"It was an honor to have served by you, Sir. Though you have been disgraced, the 501st will always remember you." He bowed his head and walked away.

I awoke from a dreamless sleep. I felt the familiar presence near me once more.

"Qui Gon Jinn." I rubbed my eyes awake, he had visited me once more. He didn't say anything this time, but smiled. "Is this the hour of my execution?" I asked. He shook his head, still smiling. "Why are you here? Have you got something to tell me, Master?"

The ray shields opened. Master and Ahsoka stood on the other side, that's when I realized they did it.

"We did it." Ahsoka smiled. "We're both innocent."

I walked out of the cell and embraced her in a hug, I'm pretty sure we both needed. "Where's Barriss? Did she help you like she said she would?"

Ahsoka and Master frowned. "The Jedi council is requesting both of you, we'll catch you up on the way."

As we boarded the transport, Ahsoka told me everything. She was expelled from the order once they caught her, her and Padmé tried to build a case but it fell flat once more. Master, found the orchestrator of it all, it was Barriss Offee. I was stunned, someone who I considered a friend, not only betrayed me and Ahsoka but the entire Jedi Order. It was said that Barriss admitted full guilt and therefore was sentenced to death.

Me and Ahsoka stood in the middle of the chambers while the council stood before us. Anakin came infront of us, "We are so sorry." He spoke for the council.

"You both have our most humble apologies." Plo Koon spoke. "The council was wrong to accuse you," He spoke to Ahsoka. "And punishing you so harshly for actions you committed because of our less than adequate judgment."

"You have shown such great strength and resilience. In both of your combined struggles to prove your innocence." Master Tiin said.

"These, are the true signs of a Jedi Knight." Ki Adi Mundi added.

Mace Windu spoke, "This was actually your great trails. Now we see that. We understand that the force works in mysterious ways. And because of this trial, you have become a greater Jedi than you would have other wise."

"Back into the Order, both of you, may come." Yoda spoke, concluding their "apology."

"They're asking you back. I'm asking you back." Master held both hands opened to us. His left hand held the beats that weighed down my Padawan braid, and his right , held Ahsokas.

Ahsoka had her arms crossed. I watched her closely to see what she was going to do. Master looked at her, then me, then back at her. He was waiting for us to take the beads back.

Ahsoka took a deep breath, and closed his hands. "I'm sorry Master, but I'm not coming back." She walked away.

"I'll talk to her." I said, looking at the beads he held out to me.

I caught up with her in the temple halls. "Ahsoka! What are you doing? We did all this to prove our innocence, and you're leaving?"

"I have to Liyah. They don't trust me. I...I can't even trust myself."

"I trust you! Master trusts you!"

"I know you do. And I can't thank you enough for what you did. Without your help, we both would have been found guilty. But this isn't about you..." She frowned. "I can't be here any longer, not after how they turned their back on me." She referred to the Jedi Order.

"Then I won't stay either. We can find a way through this galaxy together." I smiled, placing my hand on her shoulder.

"No..." She moved my hand off of her. "I need to sort this out on my own. Without...you."

I felt like someone stabbed me through my chest. All the injuries, the pain, and the trauma of war, I'd go through it 10 times over again to take back what she said to me.

"But we're...we're Ahsoka and Liyah. We're sisters...I love you."

"And I will always love you too." She smiled. "But I need to be on my own." She pulled the necklace with my crystal off her neck. "I forgot to give you this back."

I closed her hands with mine, "Keep it." I frowned. "Maybe...you can give it to me another time." I turned away, and walked back inside the temple.

I saw Anakin running out. "You're coming back?" He stopped in his tracks.

I nodded. "Now hurry," I looked towards Ahsoka who was making her way to the stairs. "You can't convince her...but you should say goodbye."

"Coming into the order, you are?" Master Yoda smiled as I stepped into the middle.

"Yes, Master." I said, bowing at him.

The Masters all spread out around me and drew their lightsabers, holding the blades towards the air.

Master Yoda stood upon his chair. "Unorthodox your career has been." He said. "Unorthodox the trials you faced were, prevailed you have. Come forward."

I got up from my bow and kneeled directly in-front of him. He placed his blade down towards my right shoulder. The Masters in the council followed, placing their blades towards the floor, "Liyah Aviss. By the right of the council," He lifted his blade above my head to my left shoulder, "By the will of the force, dub thee I do. Jedi. Knight of the Republic."

A/N-
Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Did it end the way you like? 🤭👀