HOW TO DEAL WITH WRITER'S BLOCK

Guest WattNaija Celeb Author: Eddy

Wattpad Username: Eddy622

Her books: C.R.U.S.H, BLOSSOM HIGH SCHOOL SERIES, STRAPPED and MIX and MAX.

Lecture Topic: How to deal with Writer’s Block.

What is Writer’s block?

Writer's block is when a writer experiences difficulty generating new ideas or producing written work. It's a slowdown or a complete inability to write, and it's usually accompanied by feelings of frustration, self-doubt, and a lack of motivation.

The reasons why writer's block happens depend on the individual. But there are common reasons why writer's block happens, which are:

1. Perfectionism: Trying to be perfect can create high expectations that can be difficult to meet, leading to self-criticism and creative paralysis.

2. Fear of judgment: Concerns about how one's writing will be received by others can be overwhelming, leading to self-consciousness and a reluctance to write.

3. Lack of inspiration: This is a very common reason for writer's block. A writer may struggle to find inspiration or fresh ideas, leading to a sense of stagnation and a lack of creative flow.

4. External pressures and distractions: Stress, time constraints, personal issues, or other distractions can impede the creative process and make it challenging to focus on writing.

How can someone deal with writer's block?

1. Accept that you've got writer's block: It's okay to have writer's block; it's common for every writer. Accepting writer's block and knowing it's a common experience helps reduce the frustration or self-judgment that comes with it.

2. Rest: Sometimes taking a break can help overcome writer's block. Instead of trying to force something down, try doing something else, such as reading, listening to music, watching movies, gisting, etc.

3. Set goals: Break down your writing tasks into smaller, manageable goals. You can set a goal of writing certain words each day. Do this even though you don't have any inspiration. Regular practice can help with your creative flow.

4. Prompt: Writing prompts can provide a starting point and help you bypass the initial block. They can stimulate your creativity and get the ideas flowing.

5. Change the environment: If you feel stuck in a particular environment, try switching it up. Sometimes writing blocks occur based on the environment. Try going out and looking for other places that can boost your creative flow.

6: Feedback: Whenever you feel you are experiencing writer's block, you can share your ongoing works so others can look at them and share their take on the plots and characters. Their opinions can help provide more inspiration for your next scene, which would help you through your writer's block.

Writer's block is a common challenge for writers, and the best way to deal with it is to be patient with yourself. Different strategies are made for a reason, so try experimenting with each strategy to deal with writer's block and find the one that works for you.