JUDGES REVIEWS {BATCH SIX}

Are we ready for the finale set of the JUDGES REVIEWS!🎊

Welcome! To the final batch of ...

And with this final batch, let's welcome our contestants;

031 Peanut Butter

032 Delphinium

033 Myobbo

034 Handsomelad42

035 Aang

031 Peanut Butter

Prompt: Every day, the same thing keeps happening...

Story Entry;

Everyday, the same thing keeps happening.

I close my eyes and try to prepare myself for the next hit. I tell myself that I'm used to it — the blows, the kicks, the whips, the hurtful words — but I lie.

We all do, don't we?

I'd never get used to being treated like this, like a filthy rag unfit for cleaning shoes even. Not even after seven hundred and fifty-three days.

Whack! The next blow comes peppered with quite a number of soul-crushing words.

Slut! Husband snatcher! Animal! Ingrate! Murderer!

When she's done, she spits on me, disgust evident in her eyes. "Go to your room and do not come downstairs until I say so!"

"Yes mother," I mutter and scramble up the stairs.

In the confines of my poorly lit room, I let loose. I slam my body on the cold tiles countless times, wailing and tearing at my hair. I sit with my back to the door and whimper as my head begins to ache.

Crawling blindly to my bedside drawer and yanking it open, I sigh in momentary relief when my fingers curl around the familiar blade. I put it to my thigh and drag through, wincing at the pain.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven.

Seven, Mother's favorite number. The number of perfection and apparently, the number of slashes I always cut before she barges into my room.

The first time it happened, I thought it a mere coincidence until her personal assistant dropped the first-aid kit by my feet and cleaned the cuts as Mother hurled insulting words at me.