JUDGES CONFESSIONAL II✨

Hello Cribbers🤭

How are you all doing?

Welcome to another session of...

Oya, guess who we have here with us

Guess now😌

Yes, you are right and you are wrong 🤪

In today's Judges confessional let's welcome ...

JUDGE MAYA ANGELOU to the hot seat🤭

Drumrolls🥁🥁

1. Hi, Maya, what can you tell us about the Verdict Night? What should we expect tomorrow?

Maya Angelou: People are gonna cry, that’s one thing I can say about the verdict night. And it’s rather ironic because some of the contestants that were commended by the Judges ended up in the Red Line, and some that they chastised and critiqued ended up in the Green Line.

It’s pretty saddening, but it is what it is.

2. What can you say about the entries this stage? How would you rate them generally?

Maya Angelou: What can I say *strokes chin dramatically*? A lot of the contestants this stage didn’t think outside the box at all. The word I’ll use is myopic, no offense.

Majority of the contestants weren’t creative one bit. The organizers threw it open to the contestants to write about “emotions”, but most of them only focused on Sadness as an emotion when there are several other emotions out there. Una no get joy?

And what’s worse? Not even portrayed the sadness well. Asides a selected few that did justice to the theme, the entire stage was just… 😒. Yeah, that’s the right expression for it.

3. Are there any contestants that specifically impressed you? If yes, could you name the contestant?

Maya Angelou: HandsomeLad, HumblePen and Aurelius did it for me. You guys were quite remarkable. Not perfect, but close enough I guess.

4. What advice would you give to the contestants who will end up making it to the Search?

Maya Angelou: BE INTENTIONAL ABOUT GROWTH.

If there’s one word the judges have been singing since the beginning of this competition, its Creativity. A lot of you are too comfortable where you are, growing and developing yourself seems like stress.

You guys need to first be intentional about wanting to grow, else, you won’t move from where you are. Then, you start asking yourself what’s wrong when things don’t work out. Some of you are only happy to move to the next stage, but you haven’t learnt anything from your errors of the past stages. It’s not done that way.

If you are too comfortable in mediocrity, growth will elude you.

5. What would you say to those who this will be the end of the journey for?

Maya Angelou: All I can say is that I’m sorry, especially to those of you that are genuinely good writers and circumstances didn’t favor. But please, more importantly, I hope you guys take one or two lessons from this competition and train yourselves to be even better.

Good Luck.

COMMENTARY: we have heard from our Judge. What do you think?

Meanwhile, expect the Verdict tommorow. Because E go bloody die😂😂.

Goodnight Cribbers♥️