JUDGES REVIEWS {BATCH FOUR}

Who's ready for this one???🔥

Its gonna be bang bang! Welcome, if you're in this page, to the fourth edition of the...

And, in BATCH FOUR, we have the following contestants;

019 Pink

020 Moonlight Artist

021 Star

022 SneakyCougar

023 Aurelius

Are we ready??? Let's go!🔥

019 Pink

Prompt: Everyday, the same thing keeps happening...

Story Entry;

"Everyday the same thing keeps happening. Dad comes home drunk and beats the shit out of mum. Kizito keeps crying. He doesn't really know what's going on but mum's screams makes him sad. I'm sick of all this. I want to run away. But I can't leave Kizi. And Mike too... "

I didn't hear anything she said after that.

Mike.

We got to know each other some months ago. The time I got stranded in the rain at the bus stop. He had driven past me at first but then reversed. The stunning smile he gave me when he called my name in surprise and the way "Anjola" rolled off his tongue sent shivers down my spine.... Or maybe it was just the cold.

I had sat in the passenger's seat, soaking up the entire area. He had told me it was okay. He was such a gentleman.

Pearl had told me about him sometimes when we were gisting. About how hypnotizing his honey brown eyes were, how his laugh gives goosebumps, how he calls her every night, the way he calls her sweet names, his smile... God his smile.

She had introduced us to each other before but I didn't really pay attention to him then. Someone had just pissed me off and I was anything but glad to meat anyone at the time.

But having had a good look at him in the dimly lit car, I understood why Pearl was head over heels for him.

He made small talk throughout the ride. His voice was so pleasant to listen to that I even forgot that I was going to have to show my mother the nonsense 240 I got in jamb.

He dropped me off at my house and bade me goodbye. I hated myself for feeling disappointed for not getting his number. He was my best friend's boyfriend for crying out loud.