🎊THE SEARCH🎊

Hello, Cribbers!🤭🔥

Project Pen presents to you...

I can feel the excitement from you all already😭🔥
This stage is bigger than ever. Get ready for a lot of twists, tears,  sunrises and fun. Trust me, you wouldn't want to miss any part in this stage.

Without much further ado, let's begin🔥

THE SEARCH🏆
The Hunt for the League of Pen Masters

This stage, we are going to be experimenting with something we have never done before. The Fun of this stage down to the Finals is that every stage has a more exciting twist. Every stage is basically an experiment, and we are more than excited to see what the contestants are able to pull out with such new and wild concepts that they will be pulled into.

The concept for this stage is Collaboration/Teamwork.

Elaboration? Gotchu. In this stage, the contestants are going to be working together to create mind blowing stories. There are fifteen contestants and these contestants will be divided into three groups/teams with about five contestants in each group.
Each group will be assigned to work together, and following the theme, they are expected to produce one story.
Hehehe.

The purpose of this is that we will be able to see how efficient you are as writers: how you can adjust yourself in with other writers, work together, put in effort, and produce a single work worth reading.

What are the Judges looking out for in the Judgement Procedure?

The Work:

This is the most important. A work that is not up to standard will not do much to benefit the contestants in the group.
The effort and contribution of the contestants in the behind-the-scenes production of the Work:
This will be the very reason why in the same group/team, you may see only one contestant ending up in the Green Line while the other four end up in the Red Line. Yes, we are going to assign Inspectors to each group/team. They will be in charge of feeding back to us daily reports of those who are usually present for meetings in their teams, those who contributed to the story ideas in the teams, those who modified it, those who put in effort into the assignment, as well as those who decided to be ghost contestants in their respective teams. So, yes, your work may be good, but if there is no solid evidence that you were an active part behind the production, then well, Red Line sha.

N/B: If the worst comes to the worst and everybody surprisingly puts in enough evidence for us to not have an idea who we are sending home… Then, everyone in the group with the most unimpressive story will be evicted.

However, in the case of the above where the worst comes to the worst, if there is a contestant with a Green Line streak in the group with the most unimpressive story, the Judges will highly debate on whether we should or should not send them home. We will be highly considerate about them… but it doesn’t guarantee that they cannot get evicted in this stage.

The List of Group/Teams and the Inspectors will be sent in a different document.

At the end of The Search, FIVE CONTESTANTS WILL BE EVICTED.

The remaining contestants will be listed amongst the Top 10 and be crowned The League of Pen Masters.🏆

What are the perks of being crowned amongst The League of Pen Masters?

Quick Answer: You get to be documented in The Hallowed Scrolls – a book on our Wattpad page where we give accolades to Project Pen contestants turned Legends.

So, yes, it’s a flex in its own way.

***

STAGE THEME: SCAVENGER HUNT.

GENRE: Mystery.

STAGE THEME ELABORATION:

The theme of this stage is Scavenger Hunt, and we expect to see something specific from the contestants. Having the genre is Mystery, we will be expecting that the contestants tell an enthralling story that takes the reader on an adventurous journey to solve a mind-boggling puzzle – figuratively speaking please – but the point is, the entire idea of the work has to do with the basics of mystery: putting the pieces of a puzzle together to figure out something.

Also sort of like a Scavenger Hunt, in a way that is adventurous, thrilling, and filled with tension. When people are in an actual Scavenger Hunt, they are on a mission to find something. It could be gold. It could be treasure. It could even be death notes. It could also be money. So, your story must have that thing we want to get to the bottom of or find, and you have to drill us through it like we are on an actual Scavenger Hunt.

So, schedule your meetings, make your plans, divide labour, and at the end of the day, make sure to deliver.

WORD COUNT: 500 to 1500 words.

Work Titling: Only adds an advantage to the work if the work is good. Otherwise, it doesn’t really do anything. It is optional for the teams to title their works or not.

Team Name: Optional. Contestants can create a catchy name for their team.

{THE LIST OF TEAMS AND INSPECTORS WILL BE POSTED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER}