🎉DIARY NIGHT🎉

Hello, cribbers!!!

I can't be the only one excited about tonight oo!!

It's finally time for our Diary session!!!

Drumrolls 🥁

Two contestants has been picked to be on the hot seat tonight.

Hmmmmm. Who could that be?🤔

If you think you know who we have today, comment your answers.

Alright, moving on.

Let's welcome to the room..............

Ohh, seems like you all are still expectant to see your favourites on this seat😯......

Sorry sorry we will call them now🙏

Let's welcome

CONTESTANT 023 AURELIUS!!!!!!

DRUMROLLS PLEASE 🥁🥁

Moderator(M): Hi, I'll be asking few questions.

Contestant(C): Okay.

Q: Hi, good day. Please, tell us your username and serial number.

A: Hello readers, I'm Aurelius, 023.

Q: What do you think about the Judges' reviews and verdicts of Stage One?

A: The judges were quiet valid in the reviews. It was all fair and true.
Meme-able if you look at it in a way. It hits the right tone.
I especially appreciate the reviews that tell you exactly how you went wrong. Whether it's punctuation or structure.
A good example is how each of the Judges made sure to correct me when I wrote a play in a prose competition. 🥲
Yes, some might find their opinions grating or too blunt but I'd rather take that than be talked down to. 🙂

Q:  How do you feel about being in stage two of project pen?

A: Honored yet challenged.

Honored because the Judges found my entry good enough to make it past the first stage and interesting enough to see what I have to show in this stage.

Challenged because the competition only gets tighter, the pressure wesser. My fellow contestants are at the top of their game at this stage. The genre, fantasy/horror isn't one I concern myself with writing. Compelling Fantasy and horror is almost impossible to write within the constraint of 1200 words.

But Hey! The point of this competition is to challenge us and keep us out of our comfort zones. 🤓

Q: How did you feel about Judge Jane Austen's review on your work, Aurelius?

A: I'm still basking in the lavender haze of getting good feedback from Judge Jane Austen themself. It felt incredibly validating like I reached the zenith of Everest.

They understood my work completely and the theme of lost innocence. I felt understood as I was reading their comments.☺️🤌🏼

If I were to approach that piece again, I would remove the acts and such and only replace it with roman numerals or asterisks.

Q: Coffee or Tea?

A: Tea. Coffee messes with my stomach.

Q: Project Pen or Nigerian Idol?

A: You knew my answer before you even asked.  It's Project Pen Name over anyother. (Although my bias is very obvious)

Q:  How are you preparing for stage two's submission?