JUDGES REVIEW {BATCH FOUR}

Yo, Cribbers!!!😁🎊

We are back again, with the fourth batch of

I can literally feel the excitement in the air😌🔥

Get ready for another set of mind blowing stories and be prepared to VOTE!🔥

Without much further ado, let's take a look at our four contestant for Group four.

008 Nutcracker

019 Pink

025 Tsuki

032 Delphinium

JUDGES REVIEW

Let's begin, shall we?

With a clapping ovation, let's welcome our first contestant.

008 Nutcracker

Prompt Title: Area Kids

Story Entry:

“Groundnut! Groundnut for sale!"

I called out as I weaved my way through the Lagos traffic. My feet ached as the sweltering tarmac bruised my aching soles through my worn out slippers.

It was rush hour again and the streets were packed with danfos and okadas. "Groundnut for sale!" I breathed heavily as I stopped by one of the crowded buses. The smell of sweat lingering in the air.

"You girl! How old are you? You no pass thirteen. Go to school and stop begging for scraps." A woman in a yellow irò and buba hissed.

She kissed her teeth as she creaked the window close.
"I am fifteen.” I whispered as the okada zoomed past.

I made my way back to the side of the road where I found Nifemi shining shoes.

I sat beside him lowering my tray onto the ground. "How much did you sell, sister Ifoma?" He asked.

I didn't miss the hope in his voice but I only shook my head at him. "I still have ten bundles left." I muttered.

"How come things are slow Sister?" He asked. I guessed the gods were just particularly cruel to us.

"They call it ‘subsidy’. Now finish up and go home." I explained before smacking his head lightly. I watched as he pouted as he packed up his things.
"School again? You know Madam Nnena doesn't like it." He warned. I rolled my eyes at him. "She is our father's sister, call her Aunty. And I will be fine, I will be home later." I promised, discarding my groundnuts and handing him my tray.