JUDGES REVIEW {BATCH TWO}

Hello, Cribbers!

Welcome to the second batch of

We will get to see amazing and mind-blowing entries from our Pen Masters

The Pen Masters for this batch are as follows:

022 Sneaky Cougar
023 Aurelius
030 Zöe
032 Delphinium
034 Handsome

Without much further ado, let's begin.

JUDGES REVIEW

022 Sneaky Cougar.

Prompt title: THE VERACITY CHAMBER

Genre: Thriller.

Story entry:

Somadina knew her sisters would report to Mummy if they knew she left the house to see Jeffery. She made sure to triple the dosage of the sleeping pills she put in their milk.

Carefully, she climbed over the zinc fence surrounding their gloomy shack. Her hand scraped against the corroded metal, causing her to wince. She pulled her hand back and sighed when she didn't see blood.

Her heart raced as she sprinted away from their home, her feet crunching on shards of glass and brittle dead leaves. Rounding the corner of their desolate street, she spotted a hunched figure in the distance, unmistakably Jeffrey. She hastened towards him, crashing into his arms as he spun her around.

"So where are we going?" She said.
Jeff chuckled. He pulled out a black fabric from his pocket and wrapped it round her eyes.

Soma tensed a bit, but relaxed when he said he had a surprise for her. Her excitement doubled and she was almost jumping.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked again.

"You'll see."

***
Somadina felt the texture of the ground change beneath her feet, from the familiar cobblestone to sand. She knew they were out of town. She trusted Jeff enough to keep going even when she could smell the acrid scent of burnt debris, mingling with the pungent odor of scorched earth.

She paused when she smelt the faint metallic tang of gunpowder and explosives, "Jeff!" She called out, despite feeling his hands on her shoulder.

"We're almost there." Jeff planted a soft kiss on her neck, which calmed her. She tightened her grip on his arm as she walked blindly.

Finally, after what felt like eternity Jeff came to a halt. "Are you ready?"
Her pulse quickened as Jeffery gently removed the blindfold from her eyes, revealing a sight that left her utterly breathless.