JUDGES REVIEW(BATCH TWO)

Hello Cribbers

Welcome to another session of the...

And for this group we would be having;

030 - Zoë 

035 - Aang

023 - Aurelius

003 - Dewdrop

020 - Moonlight artist

Now, let's dive into the beautiful piece

RETRIBUTION.

Revenge has always been a driving force. 

A reason to breathe, a reason to live, a reason to die.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

In this case a drink served cold.

I put the arsenic in the five glasses, giving it a good stir.

This was retribution. 

It's divine and transcends everything I had felt before.

I finally felt alive.

A writing contest that couldn’t recognize my talent was as good as done. I didn’t need to be a part of Project Pen to showcase my prowess. I don’t know why I’m only realizing this after trying out for the contest five times. 

This time, at least I’m here, even if it’s not as a contestant.

I am Envy, begotten of selfish want and self-sustenance. I grow lean from watching others eat, I grow sad from watching others smile, and I relish the despair of others. I am one of the seven deadly sins of whom humans are terrified. 

"Shame," I tsked.

Badass writers. Badass writers!

Well, they wouldn't be so badass now if they were dead, would they?

*****

"Get it together, this is what you do best," you whispered, as you readied yourself for the stage. The echoes of last night with the top five still stinging, their jabs ringing in your head.

"You’re a wonder," you said, taking one last look at yourself in the lighted mirror. 

You climbed the stairs to the mainstage, pausing to clear your throat and calm yourself, as well as to dislodge the discomfort that settled there last night.

"Ladies and Gentlemen!!! Welcome to the finale of the sixth season of Project Pen! I am Pearl Adenuga. As always, I’m your host for tonight!" you yelled into the microphone, flipping your hair off your shoulder and wiggling your body in a way that your glittering dress didn't go unnoticed.

The crowd went wild with deafening cheers, expressing their excitement for the finale of the biggest writing competition in Africa.

The people cheered. You beamed and waved enthusiastically. You loved the spotlight and you basked in its heat.