THE COUNTDOWN: SHORT STORY

500 word story. 

Somadina knew that her sisters would report to Mummy if they knows that escaped the house to see Jeffery. She had to be careful as she jumped the fence and she smile to herself because she finally escape. 

“Ow my hand!” She says. Her hand scraped the metallic zink of the fence and she wipes it, there was no blood, it was harmattan, it was cold and so because hence her hand does never bleed. 

Somadina reached his house and knocked on his door and Jeffery came out to meet with. His is smiling. He is happy to see her so he hugs her.

“Are your parents aware that you are here” he asked her in a questioning tone.

“No, are you alone?” She asks him too. 

Jeffery smiles, his lips stretched to his ears.

“Actually,” he said, “I have a surprise for you.”

Somadina’s heart was too jofyl to hear him say that. Happily, she raced into the house with him. Jeffery always had the most amazing surprises, she wondered what he could have had in stall for her this time around.

“Use this” he said, wrapping a blindfold around her eyes and she is giggling and smiling. She had no idea what he was up to, but regardless upon nonetheless still, she was too excited. 

“Where are you taking me, Jeffery?” Somadina ask as he moved with her. she can’t see so she don’t know what is going on.

“If I told you, it would not be a surprise anymore, So,” he said, kissing her in her neck softly.

OMG? Where is he taking me?!!!!

“You always do this,” Somadina laughs as Jeffery takes her, she following blindly, “You always surprise me on all of my birthdays. And Jeff, why is the walking so long?!!” 

“Trust me, So!” He insisted, laughing heartily.

Somadina had always trusted Jeffery. He always gave her a reason to, since they had been together all these years. Jeffery and Somadina had planned that the day after her birthday, after she had become legal, she and Jeffery would run away to where no one would disturb their love.

She only wondered what was so important that Jeffery had to take her in circles around the house to show her, the day before their elopement.

“Is it a surprise party?” Somadina asked Jeffery.

He laughed so hard at the question.

“Surprise party, ke?” He said, “Somadina, you know that you and me don’t have any friends!”

“Haha! True! It’s me and Jeffery against the world!” She jumped in glee. He caught her softly when she almost tripped over herself in her excitement.

“We are almost there!” Jeffery announced.

Somadina could feel her body sizzling with very hot excitement. 

Is it cake?! Is it a bouquet of flowers? Is it a new iphone?!

Jeffery stopped, his hands on the knot of the blindfold around Somadina’s eyes.

“In 3.” He said.

“2.” She followed in the count.

“1.” Jeffery finished.

The Blindfolds came off. 

COMMENTARY: you don't have to be confused on what this is, this is the short story every Pen master will be working with. They will use this story to construct a beautiful story using the genre that was given to them.

Now you know that to be a Pen master is not easy😪.

Anticipate the Judges review, cause it will be firee🔥🔥🔥

Goodluck Pen Masters 👍😌