JUDGES REVIEW

Hello, Cribbers!🔥🦋

Welcome to the final

Yes, we will get to see the final entries and the Judge's review of our Project Pen stars.☺️🔥

003 Dewdrop

023 Aurelius

032 Delphinium

Without much further ado, let's begin!🔥

JUDGES REVIEW

003 Dewdrop

Prompt title: More like a curse, less than a gift.

Story entry:

BELEMA

"Get off the road, you scrawny bitch!" the occupant of the sleek red car fired at me, flipping me off before she sped past me.

I stood on the roadside, still reeling from the after-effect of almost getting knocked off the road because of the insanely high speed that she drove. A terrifying act she was able to pull off because of the sparseness of Lagos roads.

It was the year twenty-fifty. Cars were a luxury that even an average Nigerian couldn't afford right now.

The breeze tossed my kinky curly afro in different directions made me aware that my hoodie had slipped off and I tugged it back on aggressively, shoving my hands into my pocket, and ignoring the beads of perspiration that trickled down the nape of my neck and drenched my entire body.

Okay, maybe it wasn't a good idea to wear a two-piece hoodie, strap on a nose mask and throw on some shades. Climate change has made this heat stretch more than it should.

I trudged briskly into the scanty, yet noisy market that was now situated in the surroundings of the publishing firm close to the roadside.

The gloomy aura that cocooned the dead, desolate building—safe for the stoners that hung there by this time of the day—had munched on the aesthetical beauty it used to possess before the fire. The modern architecture now rocked a jagged outlook, dented with soot, punctured sheet glasses, and broken windows, that rendered its signature sterling colour a clash between bleak ash and mortifying black colour.

A very convenient gas leak had occurred after it was rumoured that the owner of the publishing firm—Debola Odukoya—was being pressured to sell the company to one of the Crème de la Crèmes of the country. The deteriorating state of the country had propelled the poor citizens who lived around here to take up the space that was now run by the area boys/ stoners as a trading residence.