Chapter-64

Nandu's POV

Feeling his anger tears formed in my eyes. As I'm feeling emotional already and his anger makes it worse. I just listened for him to continue but he was not calming down. I cut off the call.

Again It rang. I declined again. After a few minutes of silence. I contemplated calling him as my emotion subsided and the thought of him being in distress came. With that, I called him but he declined now. Without a second thought, I video-called him.

After a few seconds of continuous ringing,  he attended the call. I know he was angry. Seeing him, I felt a little worried and his messed-up hair and face made it difficult to understand him.

I thought him being happy spending quality time in his hometown. But he seems troubled and lost. seeing him like that I'm in a panic mode. What to talk
to him, How to calm him. Does he again get panic attacks or has anything bad happened?  My heart is in distress seeing him in pain.

I called, "Manik", but he didn't seem to listen. He was just staring at me intently without talking anything.

" Manik, Are you Okay?", I meant to ask this. Seeing him, I know he will flare up. Seeing him itself says there is something wrong. So I asked," Is Everything Okay!?"But he didn't reply anything but is staring at me intently.

I know I  shouldn't have asked that. But How come I have to talk when he is in a bad mood? I confessed that I  don't know they were being left for Mumbai.  I think that's when he calmed down.  He let me talk without being angry. I don't know whether it was a panic attack.  If It was, then he need medical assistance. It's two attacks within a week.

I tried to say that he need to talk this out with Grandpa. One thing is for sure,  I miss them so much that was mutual seeing him like that.

I thought he will share with me but he isn't. He doesn't trust me or he doesn't want to worry me when he was not beside me Am I overthinking?  I don't know. Just seeing him like that makes me overthink.

After talking to him, I huffed and got up to do some work. As I lost interest in watching TV.  Seeing a large pile of vessels I started washing them. Varieties of dishes mean various vessels. And that's it sink full of vessels. I started washing them. I completed cleaning half of them. Mom came to me and asked to make some chai. So leaving the dishes, I went for chai. After that, she had chai and started listing work as these holidays are only for doing house chores. seriously, I felt like reducing her work but now she was saying getting groceries, cleaning the house and especially my room, gardening, laundry, just cleaning the house itself there will be a lot of things and she was listing house chores made me stop cleaning dishes too. I went and sat beside her.

Seeing me she asked to rest after doing the dishes.  But I refused to be angry. She narrowed her demands to sit after dishes. I got up reluctantly saying," I'm only doing dishes not the other". Her gaze doesn't change but didn't say any further. If in any other time, she would have demanded, but now she didn't that's a blessing.

It takes a little longer as I am not interested. After that, I bathed feeling sweaty. The climate outside is calm and cool. So I made hot chocolate and had it with cookies. As there is only a packet of cookies present made me think of going to the grocery tomorrow. I don't like when Mom said that, but with no snacks, I make a note of going out tomorrow.

I went upstairs and Mom joined me too. We talked about various things about the school and the hospital. Later with she started to talk about her lovely son, I shut off my mouth. Even after whatever I do how much I do , she always misses her son. I can't do anything about that. I doubt whether Dad will think about me like her. Later she played music and the moment got lively with it.

Shrugging off my thoughts we silently watch the people on the roads. As it was holidays,  children were playing on the roads while the ladies were chatting outside. Seeing children playing arguing on small things with their loud voices make the environment lively and beautiful.

That's when leela aunty and other ladies were chitchatting at the entrance of the streets. Usually, they don't talk unless anything necessary.  As Mom being grown up here she never disrespects them, even if they talk rubbish.  She says that we should be good and respect others, one way or another, one day they will reach us.

Leela Aunty being talkative, asked," Why're you not being home these days!?".

To which Mom replied, "Now The shift is on alternative days, with work and house chores itself, there is no time to come outside".

That's when she asked, "Why don't you have a maid or ask your daughter to do them!?. After all she is all grown up".with her words other ladies smiled too encouraging her.

I know they will talk only like this. I narrowed my eyes at Mom. This is why I don't like them. Whatever they talk all was rubbish. They always want to indulge in my life, even if I don't talk.

To which Mom holds my hand, " She was already helping a lot sister or else I won't be able to handle my work.  She is more mature than her age.

Then the other one silpa aunty started," But she won't see or talk to anyone, at times I doubt whether she was able to talk, you're so lucky, sister. I also have one, she will do nothing, except study and study. I don't know how will she survive. When I ask for something she just shouts. These days children are so irresponsible and Lazy".

I don't understand whether she is criticizing her daughter or me, and I found myself wrong. If I listen to some more of their rubbish talk, I might burst out on them.

I removed my Mom's hand and went down to watch TV. Even though their voices are heard. As Mom is on the terrace and they were on the road. They enquired about Manik and Grandpa. And also about their absence.  They gasped when they heard that they were from Mumbai and owned an association.

These ladies won't leave them when they return. Like that they talk for a longtime. It's just a first day of holidays, I dislike them already.But more days to go. I don't know when I slept on sofa. Mom awakened me to have some food.

She already served the food hot. Even me being hungry,I ate and went to bed to sleep. Before that I messaged, " Good night" to Manik. As Mom have work tomorrow.  She slept early. And mobile is with me. He replied " Good night" after sometime and asked," whether he can call me".

I said' No' as it was late just felt so. I placed the mobile beside her bed.
Then I felt with the thought of Manik, I slept.

*******************************
Hey guys, How are you all!? Let me know your opinion about the update in comment section.  Thanking you all guys.These updates are dedicated to CindyNarine6.

Like always Vote, Comment and Share.Love you all.