chapter 18

Manik's POV

Now I understood the wicket keeper is the one means Captain who caught me was kesav and also the same arrogant person showed middle finger to Kabir. I wanted to hit him hard to make my friend feel outrageous but suppressed my anger.

We are at our positions in ground. We managed ourselves to score as many as wickets without getting them scored. Then we set Dhruv as bowler. Harshad as wicket keeper and other in different while me,  Kabir  and Aarya at the boundary.

He was playing hard without losing. Dhruv spinned ball hard and he hitted it hard, made it in air which was reaching the boundary made me jump to catch high got caught but hand hurted harsh  but regained myself to play good. And Referee declared it as OUT.

Then another he was making it hard too, but ball slipped back reaches fast Krishna made him threw ball at Harshad he clearly knocked off the wickets. The true bless is that they thought off to make runs made themselves OUT.

The break time reached.we are completely exhausted with heat and playing while they where clearly reached our score making us reminding our situation, even after loosing wickets, they are bit forward. Everyone are drained both with uncertainty and lacking strength.

Coach came in ushered me and boosted our egos saying we played well but not at all sufficient. So pick our strength and fight until win not die.we will turn off their lights and limits to their name itself to which everyone chuckle, Or else I will kick your asses off made us change our mood. Just think about the insult from past years we are facing .

I'm not giving you speech ,so pull up yourself and only thing in your mind should be is to win this match or else never show up in ground.he stormed out of the room with that. Kabir announced that we scored well after all we just have to do is not to let them score any runs.

Then Kabir asked Dhruv ,"Will you do this or need any change?"

To which Dhruv nodded 'No'.

"It's my fault, so I will deal with it " Dhruv replied with grunt sharply.

Then Kabir nodded 'Okay' and we all know how good he is at bowling. So we let him do. Even Harshad and Shyam are not fighting against anything.we group hugged and cheered ourselves. So we went to ground.

They are already completed half of our score.we joined the ground and most of students cheered. Then the batsmen came in.he started playing  good by scoring Four with first ball itself. Then he too knocked off after a while.we regained our positions and knocked him with the second ball itself as ball went off the wickets. Like wise Dhruv is really keeping his pace  and threw the ball that surpassed our wickets. But the score is just 205. Only two balls left and also time is about to over. Then Dhruv spinned harsh made it pitch and reached the bat and he just hit the ball reaches some far on ground which doesn't score. Then this is last ball that to be scored. Everyone's attention is on it only , while sweat is dripping out and our body is tensed seeing intently. As Dhruv spinned and threw made it go back without touching the bat but caught by the Harshad but moreover it, Referee announced it as OUT . Afterall It just touches the bat.

Sudden announcement of our winning was announced through the speaker.Loud cheer is erupted through the crowd. We went near Dhruv and raised him high happily. Then we all assembled and Trophy was given to us. Then they called me to present my medal by scoring high. Everyone clapped at me and congratulated me. After the match Coach was happy about us and gave us holiday for winning to which we cheered. And also released free from our extra practice hours to which we shouted.

We went to Kabir's house to celebrate not of huge party but only us leaving Harshad and Shyam .They didn't want to join even after we insist too, not Kabir but others. we had our time drinking drinks except me and Dhruv drinking diet Coke. Drinks made me think about her then Shyam asked pointing Dhruv what are you doing back then. To which Dhruv averted his eyes wanted to avoid the topic and got up to leave. I don't know what they are talking but felt something  we are not aware off. So I questioned Kabir with eyes but found no answer as he too don't know. Then I got up afterall it's been a while and also I wanted to know what she wanted to show me after all she is full of surprises.

So I shouted at Dhruv to which he waited and asked me to drop me off. I asked him "what happened that I don't know !?"  after a while in drive as the sky is dark blue showing  the night the cool breeze is so good touching my skin easing the rough day tension. He reluctantly answered that Nandini was again bullied. My knuckles turned white listening ," Kabir again done this?," I asked knowingly.

No, It's not Kabir. The Kranti's players done this."Why would they bully her "I asked in disbelief." Don't know why but they said that she reappeared and something like that, touching her ".

That's why , I came late during break . "I defended her from them but left us saying they will show us what they are,,"I don't know whether I 'm feared or not but I got worried ,so that I didn't play well at first. But later I realised what I'm doing. That's what happened," he said. So I stopped him, 'I will first drop you off and return home". I don't know why but felt he needed to rest.So that I dropped Dhruv and got back in his bike afterall he insisted.

Only words I thought are about Nandu,"how is she doing?".So I went straight to her home but there is no Nandu ..she didn't open the door even after many rings. I lost my interest and thought she might be asleep and went to my home,but there she was watching TV with grandpa happily as nothing happened. I should have come here before going there I thought.Seeing me arrive she asked me to join.

I don't know how to ask her about her day. I went in to fridge to grab something to eat but found nothing. I asked Nandini that I'm going outside to eat, will she join. To which she got excited and asked grandpa that Is he okay with it or wanted any?.she came out but I asked her to hop on bike. But reminder of my gift stopped myself to start the bike.

I asked that she knew that we won to which she nodded ,'No'. I proudly said that we won but she didn't show much interested. So I stopped talking about it.

I asked about my present. Then she said " Okay , and asked me to follow her for my present ".She insisted on walking as it was  just  walkable distance. But I insisted on bike. She led the way. We stopped the bike at the little forest that is completely away from noise. The fresh air smells different and unique.she led in but afterall I'm afraid that we might lost the way but she is guiding me like she knows this place very well. Just after minutes, the sound of water is heard made me ask her " what is that sound?".

"Don't ask any, that I myself will find out later ."she said.

The way was not light lit and is clearly seen but is glowing little under the moon light showing it's beauty. Then she stopped me to see. The view was really amazing there was a little waterfalls flowing in the middle sorrounded by large trees and the most amazing thing is , when she holds the plant beside her the fireflies glowed in the air.

The scenery is truly amazing , she started to hold a Firefly but failed as it flies high. She was so happy and is glowing catching them. She stopped turning to me, " How is it !?" She asked as she know that I'll definitely love it .

There is no words to describe the beautiful scenery infront of me, it was truly awesome. When I rise my head , the clear sky with stars glittering is visible making me feel peace. She is saying so much about it but I am completely into the nature without listening to her chatter. I never seen this type of place like before from my childhood. Grandpa is always with us and we all are from Mumbai itself. So I never had this type of view.

****************************
Happy New year guy's, how is my update. Lemme know your opinion. This is my present for you a double update.

What do you think about her present!. Are you happy or not.

Please Vote,
              Comment
             & Share.