chapter-95

Manik's POV

While everyone's eyes were on us, there was tension rising and That's when the principal came inside announcing what Nandu was going to do, one of the student's crowd shouted Nothing and there were other interested class students who were going to perform present. Principal Sir just glared at the voice and announced Laila Mam's entry. As many like her, she is the hot teacher in the school many boys fantasise about her, while girls admire her, who won't scold or shout at anyone.

Principal sir allotted these whole Dance performances to Laila Mam our Class teacher. She was such a sweetheart, she didn't scold me and just simply showed the divide-and-rule policy with me and Nandini.

Being here, this will be a hard task. With that, I joined my friends, and their faces showed everything that they didn't like the idea of being Nandini here. But I don't see Kabir here while others are present made me ask Dhruv about him. He responded that he too didn't know but he had been here before.

With that, I went for him. Yes, I remember I saw him too when I arrived. But now I don't know. He was moving out of the school. I shouted to call him but he was going as he didn't listen to me.

But I know he listened to me. Ignoring me he went to his car and the engine roared into life making me move in front of the car within a flash, or else I knew this would be a huge misunderstanding between us as our smiling faces flashed in front of me.

With that, he didn't move nor fluttered but raised his engine. I too didn't move but stood. With that, he stopped the car and I hopped in the car. He drove to the beach which is more than an hour from our school but he drove within no time, even though I was worried about Nandu, more than her, My concern was on Kabir, as he was devastated.

We both sat on the trunk of the car as some boy handed us beer cans. While Aliyah was calling me continuously, which I ignored for a second. Then I came to know that it was Nandu who was calling till now. She messaged that Aunt came to pick her up.

I messaged her an 'OK'. With that, Kabir said "You always made me remember 'ME'. When I used to live for her, Breath just for her. She truly doesn't do anything to make her Love. But I got crazy about her. She is just a simple girl, unlike many who do everything to gain someone's attention. Just her single glance at me I wanted to give everything to her. She never accepted my proposal, but everyone knows she is my girl. You know, many think that we both crossed the line that's why I can't forget about her. But truly I never even touched her with dirty thoughts. We used to talk a lot and share many things. I don't know how time flies with her, with talks. I saw my future with her", with that his voice got hoarse and a tear rolled down. That tear made me realise How much pain he went through when he saw her with another.

"Everything changed when Harshad my best friend involved in this. Those two were ....those two were..." With that, he broke down releasing half the remaining bottles as they rolled down to the sand. I don't know how to console him. That's when he again said," We shouldn't trust nerds who were fox under the cow skin". I just placed my hand on his shoulder consoling him. After some time he calmed himself. Simply staring at the sun, I thought this day ended this way. But he had another drink after another made him lose himself. That's when he started blabbering.

That, he opened his mobile which he showed the picture of her. I was dumbfounded by the picture of her. Truly she looked like twins except her face was completely different. With that he started rambling, "These girls are toxic, they don't do anything, except always act fearful, sweet talk, act shy and all. We guys' hearts are so fragile that we instantly fall for them without any thinking about our parents, our Lives, or the Future can act long, so one day or another their fake masks will be blown away showing real faces. we will become mad because and clowns in everyone's eyes". He smiles sadly while saying those last words. I don't know what my sees is true or what my heart says is. Somewhere, deep down I want what I saw that day not to happen. With a lone tear falling from his eyes after some time And threw the mobile into the sand harshly. Then again when he realised he lost his mobile. He jumped out from the trunk of the car.

Went in search of it, and that's when I too joined in searching it for him. He tried but didn't find it, as I tried it was found. He huffed seeing the picture of her again. That's when he said even though I want to let go of her, I can't. Somewhere there was still hope that she loved me.

He smiled with hope in his eyes. With that, we moved to his home and many thoughts ran through my head. If she cheated on him, when they were that close without any benefits, then maybe she loved too. Or else this may not be as they thought. Maybe he misunderstood her friendship as Love.

Or there were some other things behind this. But seeing him sad hurts a lot. I wished him to be happy, unlike this. I thought of trying this to get things to work out. I dropped him off myself, He was safe as aunt and uncle were out of town.

I went straight home after instructing Ramu uncle to take care of him. Then I called Aunty to apologise for my absence there. We offered some treats, but Aunt said that she prepared dinner already. Feeling more guilty that she had to work even at home, I offered maybe some street food. To which Nandu till now was angry with me came to Aunt saying 'Done', but Aunt said she was tired, to which Nandu interfered that she was not.

To which Aunt huffed and said," Ok, you both can go, but only on one condition, Nandu has to eat dinner here". To which Nandu cried " How can I?". "If you're hungry for outside unhealthy food but not the healthy food", Aunt mocked making her silent. "It's OK Aunty, we both will empty your food, No worries". To which Aunt agreed.

She came out hopping on my bike. We went to her usual panipuri spot, even though I offered some other but she said her uncle prepares healthy panipuri, unlike others. To which I smiled thinking Like Mom, Like daughter.

She had 4 plates of panipuri, I know she won't going to eat any more food at home. What about my promise, I thought about myself. Even though I stopped she didn't listen to me. We moved from that place, but she was a little calmed down unlike before.

Then we went to park beside our area. I lie down on the grass as the grass is warm, unlike the cool air. She questioned while sitting on the grass," Where have you been while I'm feeling suffocated there with your friends?".I just went out with Kabir", I replied staring at the stars and thinking about him.

"I knew, He must have done this", she calmly said with hurt." I replied," It's not the way you think".

She smiled but that smile held something other than being what she said," It's OK". I don't want to blame her for something she wasn't aware of.

" It's not OK, he was in pain", I said the truth.

She mock smiled, "Yes, who will cause pain to others unconditionally is having pain, I never heard this funny joke".

I got furious at first but realising what she has gone through due to him stopped me. It hurts listening to him that way, but she has the right to say that way, but being his friend I can't take these words.

She just lies down in the grass, ignoring my thoughts beside me.