chapter 7

Sorry for the late update and have nice time.

Nandu's POV

Today I'm really excited to go to school. I got up and freshened. While Dressing up mom called me that breakfast is ready .she is already running late, so she was in hurry. I had my breakfast and ran to Santa to see him. Manik told me that Santa is really annoyed with the new maid as she was no good at work. I said to mom about this and she said that she'll take care of it.

I reached school on time. In my way to room Alia came to me all excited and surprised me with bone crush hug. I'm really happy that she too missed me. When she asked me about my absence , I replied her that it was just  headache nothing serious. She trusted and didn't push me much to tell truth. She feeded me all the latest gossips and one thing caught my attention. I make sure what I heard is right by asking her twice. she never back off  saying  about Manik. I know she have crush on him from the first day.I reached my classroom all eyes turn to me, noticing me everyone turn to thier own business as ignoring me.

I went to my place and sat silent . After few minutes Manik came  and sat beside with his glorious smile saying 'Hi'. I too replied with same excitement and asked about his practice to which he said as usual good. We sat silent for a few minutes then the urge in me to know take it's peak so I asked expectantly that I heard wrong ,"Are you really playing with Harshad?that too on bet." he nodded hesitantly proving true to my dismay.

"Why had you done this ? Is this for Kabir "I asked in mere tone but I was completely angry by this he might hurt himself as I know Kabir was the trouble maker afterall  and also Harshad &Kabir are like water and fire can't stand in one's presence.

"It's not like that Harshad just wanted friendly match with me, It's just that!!"he commented. I intended to ask, you trusted that! Not knowing that Is he really can't see his true intentions but remained silent when Miss. Laila entered class. We just talked here and there during classes but not about match. He was always with them after classes. I felt again being avoided.

In lunch I ate with Alia  and with her blabbering friends.Then one of her friend sheela asked that" Is Manik again came to talk to you?". For that she said NO disappointedly.I really wanted to know what I missed these two days!!!Then I nudged her to spill what  happened in my absence after lunch.She said that he came to ask her about something. I thought you are happy about it , I asked."Ya... Happy that he came to talk to me but sad that was not about me. 'It's okay, don't feel sad' I said hugging her. She didn't return in it the same way.

I felt hurt but masked it like always.we parted to our rooms. He didn't came until the class started. Even I tried to talk he diverted like always.Again I felt ignored. So I became silent about this.our classes ended and I went to library to spend my own time with books.Books are always my escape from this world.I left late as today is mom's night shift there is no one waiting for me in home.

I went home and got freshened up.Then I turned on TV and started dancing. Landline started ringing.I answered to hear one and only santa. He expected me to come home as already it became my second home so I said that. Like always, Mom will come tomorrow during night shift. Rain is pouring outside so I took an umbrella.

Back then when I'm young , whenever I pleaded mom to let me go in Rain but she never agrees. At times when she is engrossed in her work,I went out and dance in Rain. Dad instructs me to listen to mom but I can't sit looking at the rain as my skin itches to do it constantly.He being Dad tried to catch me looses and dance with me dripping in Rain.After Results are so harsh, Runny nose and fever. So he brew the best coffee and gave medicine sitting beside me all-night taking care. It was just Two feet distance but felt eternity thinking about  Dad. Santa is waiting for me watching TV as mom asked to take care of me. He asked me to sit for dinner  but I insisted on waiting for Manik.So he brewed us a coffee the odour itself made me drool over it. Sipping  the hot steamy liquid touch the tongue just felt gross I spit it running into basin, how awesome the smell is it was exactly the opposite.

I glared at chacha, "Sorry beta"he muttered.If you said so , I would have prepared coffee for both of us.' I learnt  but it turned out like this'he genuinely replied. 

I brewed coffee for both of us showing him How to... and handed him his cup.Sipping it he smiled saying, "Perfect".The coffee filled the warmth in our body in this cool climate.we went back to watching movie.

He came late after I slept watching TV . Santa awakened when Manik came home. Manik was moving to his room without even glancing at us.I called Manik to which he stopped.He faced me,'what are doing here?'Waiting for you', I said obviously stating the truth.'Come sit ,It's already late plus I am hungry', I asked rubbing my tummy.

"I already ate, so you eat", he replied stepping up stairs. 'We waited for you but you're not even showing us minimum courtesy', I asked adjusting my glasses. Before stepping higher,he replied "Okay,I'm coming". Listening it Santa gave me Hi-Fi.

He came back freshened smelling fresh and clean.we all ate calmly until santa asked me to sleep in guest room, if I am okay with it only.But I wanted to go back and sleep in my bed.It was not easy for me to sleep here. So I will go back after dinner.I pleaded santa that I will go after dinner but he disagreed.I retreated back and done as said.

After dinner I went to guestroom but can't sleep  even the bed is comfy. I got up and went out.It was just opposite to Manik's room.His roomlight is still on and the door is slightly opened.

I opened seeing Manik sat on with blank expression like seeing something in his hand.Sensing my presence he hided the thing and asked me "What are doing here?."just came to fetch you", I answered. "Really!?"he asked doubting my answer. "Sleep is not coming, ",I said truthfully.' you're saying it was like a person'chuckling with my answer.I pouted for his words.

"What do you want to do now!,"he questioned."May be we can watch a movie,"I replied hopefully.'Okay' he replied. We went down with duvet and played my favourite movie 'Dil bechara' remembering him.At moment I asked "Why are you awake?". He didn't replied nor glanced.

Atlast I asked the only question bugging me, "Why did you playing match with Harshad?"He didn't reply again.

Then again I felt like avoided so I asked him.He faced me with void emotion asking,"why are you thinking again like that?". 'Because you're not answering any of mine'.

He huffed and answered, "I am not avoiding you I just don't want to answer you,there is a lot of difference".It means you avoided me intentionally in school, I murmured but I understood he heard it.

He got up to leave but I pleaded him to sit. Watching movie" I'm just worried that whatever reason I don't know, but Kabir and Harshad are always fighting each other that always lead to blood shed. They're no good except harm. As now you're in Kabir's side, Harshad definitely targets you doing something more to your body intentionally to attain captaincy as you're in the good position in team and coach favours you",I said hopefully he might understand afterall he was only my true friend.

I don't heard any of his response and focused on the movie."How did you know about the match!",he asked in odd tone. 'This was the only topic in school every one talking about as the match was in two days'I replied.

he replied" Okay",just okay. When there was a romantic scene playing in movie," Aliya popped up in  my mind. I asked him , "can I ask you something".'Even I say don't, you don't stop so go ahead', he replied curtly made me roll my eyes.

I don't want to ask but my curiousity took over me." Are you interested in Aliya?"I asked expectantly.
He narrowed his eyes asking,' who is this Aliya?'.
'You truly don't know', I surprised a bit.
"The most famous one and only Aliya in our school, my friend", I said proudly.
"Your friend Aliya,Okay... what made you think like that?".
" If not what did you talk to her!?", I question.
"I asked about you..Is it wrong" he replied.
we are not at all into the movie but watching it."what she says about me?"he asked.
Nothing, I replied.

I turned to him excitedly jumping, "you know,you have fanclub in school"."ohh!......really..he replied but not the reaction I expected.he then asked,"Do you fan me too.."."why would I do that! I replied turning to watch the movie."You said I'm your bestfriend but you don't fan me...so bad " he said slowly.we  watched movie  until sleep engulfed me.

***************************
Please Vote,
           Comment
           &Share.
love you guys always.😘