chapter-55

Manik's POV

I backed off with Mom's memory. She stumbled a little but regained herself glaring at me made me smile. My smile made her little more angrier while her cheeks turning red , but the climate is so soothing with the smell of woods made her anger little less.

When she came and stood beside me.I just slide my hand into her warm hand made me feel warmth and happiness.I asked ,"What happened?"innocently made her avert her face to the other side without removing her hand. With that I knew she was not angry with me.we just stood there silently,staring at the sky.

That's when the sky started shouting softly with light thunder to go home ,Is what I felt when it interrupted my thoughts.I glanced at her while she is staring at me. I asked noding my head to go home. She replied nodding.

There was no rain but the sky is cloudy indicating there might be rain soon. On my way , I found her favourite pani puri. Usually she asks because of her love towards it, but today she isn't. I saw her through the mirror, in which her eyes staring at it, made me Stop. But her questioning look wanted me to ask her to have it with me. She might think that noone can notice her longing look , but it didn't go unnoticied with me.

She can't eat even single plate of upma but can eat four plates of panipuri without giving time to the man to place them.Even though I was shocked, I didn't remarked like any other day.

We went to her home, as the delivery men are delivering gifts. We entered as aunty welcomed us excitingly.It was rare thing to see aunty being all excited, but I thought that might be due to her birthday.But When she said that her Dad sent them.I understood that she was excited because of her husbsnd. Generally, when two people got divorced because they can't stand each other.But here Aunty was excited while Nandu was angrier and loathe the person, her own Dad.

As their talk accelerated to argument, It would be wrong for me to stay there. So I left to solve their issues within themselves.But outside an elder delivery man stood in the doorway. I doubted him as he might be a burglar . So, I questioned," What are you waiting for!?Aunt didn't gave you money,while me handing him some money ". He didn't said a word but stared at me annoying from head to toe assessing me.

Without answering He questioned me," Who are you?".I laughed annoyingly and questioned again,"Who are you and what are you doing here?". He demanded " Just go away boy". Seriously this much attitude for a delivery man.

Before I doubted but now it was confirmed. I was about to call police but don't know ,at almost seeing him for few more minutes. He stated,'I know you're Nandu's friend,that doesn't mean...' With Nandu's name, the other words gone unnoticed as I found similarities between him and Nandu.

Yes , He was Nandu's father." Uncle Are you Nandu's father!?" I asked sure of knowing the truth. He just unwavered watching the door contemplating whether to knock or not, it is What I felt.I know I should have be careful before accusing him. I said," Sorry" but he was not interested in talking with me.

He just stood there few more minutes and I too stood with him not knowing what to do. Afterall we had an awkward introduction. He was about to leave without going into the house.

I stopped asking him ,"Are you not going into the house?". To which he narrowed his eyes. "I mean you didn't even wish her. She would be super happy if she knows that you were here".

With my words, his face softened. He doubted," would she !?". I said ," "Yes, she will ..". "You know,She misses you so much that's why she cries, whenever she thought of you". I said remembering aunt saying she don't want to celebrate her birthday because it makes her miss them more.

Even though she shows hatred towards him , It's only because of his absence in her life not that she truly hate him. No kid can loathe their parents, even if they says it.

His voice trembles a little asking me that," she ever talks about me". I don't remember though as she ever talked about him to me. It made me remain silent as I don't want to hurt him saying truth.

Later he patted my shoulder and was about to leave , that's when the rain started .I asked uncle," Why don't you have some rest in my home till rain stops!". He smiled and said ," It's okay, I have a flight to catch." He replied.

He asked," Be good to Nandu" to which I nodded. With that he moved forward and turned back and smiled at me.Have a look at the house one last time and left the place.

Small droplets of rain is falling.As I stared at the sky for few minutes thinking why don't he go into his house or meet Nandu, when he came all the way just to see her.

I shrugged off the thoughts and went to home.Grandpa is in his room came outside knowing me entering the house.Seeing me he got a towel made me realize , that he is the only one doing chores in home after maid left. It was difficult to manage both office and this.

I asked grandpa,"why don't we hire a person for everyday needs".To which he studied for a while and asked," what happened with Nandu he questioned.

I looked, What is wrong with him !?,What did I ask? , what is grandpa asking? .I questioned," Why did you ask that?.

"Just say What happened back there with Nandu" he enquired. I contemplated whether to say about her Dad or not. Then, I realise it was grandpa who was senior in all these things.

So I said, " Grandpa..., Nothing happened with Nandu, but on my way, I came across Nandu's father.I don't understand why he came here, he could have wished her daughter. But he didn't met her or talk with her. He just came and returned back".

To which Grandpa said,"Maybe he don't want to upset her by coming infront of her."

"But she might Love him too, means he was her father who would hate her own father. After all these years, she misses him right," I reasoned.

"But we don't know what happened between them. So,we can't judge them without knowing the truth. But by what you say, I understood he loves his daughter so much." He made me understand the situation.

"And never talk about him infront of her , unless she brings up", he warned to which I smiled to indicate that I understood.

He patted my shoulder and nudged me to have some food. We had food in our plates, that's when I resumed to my talk that why he asked about Nandu, while we're talking about a house keeper.

To which he replied, "It's simple,If you were with your friends, you don't think about house chores and all. As you were with Nandu you care about household works and all. Not only that, she at times suggested to have a full time maid to which I declined."

Now I understood, Yes, It was true. I don't intend to think about household but that doen't mean I don't care. It's just that it never occurs to me.

I narrowed my eyes at grandpa, but shrugged off .To which Grandpa chuckled and said," I' m not complaining about it Manik, I'm just saying the Truth.You 're just a highschooler. You don't have to think about this and stress yourselves. I'll manage,afterall this was just like stress relievers.

To which I nodded. When they say continuously ,we don't want to consider it. When they say don't consider it, it constantly be a reminder. I later went to my room and observed that Nandu's room is still lightened. Thinking about her I was in deep slumber.

In morning, I got up and get dressed. Auntie was there before me getting down. She asked me to gave Nandu's box and make sure to have her breakfast. I don't know whether, I get succeed in this task. In that thought I went to school.But my heart trembled seeing her dull face in school.

****************************
Hey Lovelies, How are you all!?.Like every other time, I don't know whether it is upto your mark or not but in next chapter, every misunderstanding will be sorted out.By many of your requests, I made this Manan chapter.Keep Vote, Comment and Share.