chapter-35

Nandu's POV

We went with grandpa and to prepare food we need to cut vegetables. There were all vegetables in the fridge. Seeing them I want to prepare veg pulav. Cutting veggies is so boring. So I wanted it to be done by someone. Usually grandpa do little help but he was having breakfast so I gave it to the only person in the room that was none other than Manik.

The expression on his face seeing veggies truly challenged me to make him cut the vegetables. Holding the knife itself says that he never done this before. That's when he took the lemon in his hand to cut while it slipping it off is too hilarious. If this video was uploaded in school's website this would be number one hot topic but I don't have any mobile.so I enjoyed my moment.

Then it was carrots turn, I never seen cutting veggies like this. Even me done far better at my learning stage. It took more than a hour just for few carrots. If he cut other too then we don't have lunch it will be prepared for dinner only. So I took the vegetables and done cutting to prepare lunch. Grandpa just ate so he left to his bed to get some rest. We both ate in silence while For every bite, I was enjoying food with onion raita it was awesome. Today it turned out perfectly tasty made me so happy. Somewhere I heard a saying Good food is Good mood.

I'm in a good mood. At first Manik ate in silence by seeing me eating he started glancing at me made me self conscious that I am in his house not mine. Even after my tummy was full I wanna eat more. I got up from the table. He came after me. We both started watching TV. When I turned to him just to have a look I found that his bandaid was not replaced. It should be cleaned daily or else it will leave a scar. So I got up to get first-aid.

Seeing me He stopped me questioning," where am I leaving to!?". I replied," to get first-aid". I came back turning his face towards me without asking him while he staring at me. It makes me little uncomfortable but stayed to complete my task infront.He hissed when I pull the bandaid. I said 'sorry' and opened it slowly.

I dressed up the wound, it was not that deep but was little harsh. Then I kept the box came back joining him. He was staring at me again made me raise my eyes questioning him, " Why he is staring at me?". Then he mentioned about the other night. I said 'No'. I'm feeling good now and don't want to remember those bad things.

He just stared at me again but me was not returned to his gaze. In between he again raised his voice to talk but I silenced him saying, Don't talk if it was about other night. He didn't said anything after that. We together started watching movie again but I don't when I slept but had a good sleep.

I don't know when Mom came and awaken me to go home. When I opened my eyes I watched around as Manik too is sleeping in sofa and grandpa was standing with Mom. I opened my eyes remembering the last things and where I am. I went to my room and again slept.

Someone again shook me up and it was Mom for dinner after that I had dinner but sleep is nowhere after having good sleep after a long time, I don't felt sleepy anymore. I started watching for a little with Mom but being tired she went to her room. Then I too don't find interest in TV so I got up from there went to my room to study. Afterall mid exams are coming.

I studied for a while and prepared timetable for all subjects to get covered. Then I started studying science , I don't know when I got sleepy but when I felt little awake for washroom, I went in came back stumbled upon bed.

At morning Mom shook me up as I am already late. I got ready fast and went to school. But today I'm early unlike before. When I entered two girls stared at me talking in themselves. I thought it was common . But when I stepped further everyone is doing same, their words are not heard but was clear that they're talking about me. That's when I was about to enter my room Kabir and his friends came except Dhruv and Manik . Everyone is staring at me like a marathon is going on. I stopped moving forward or back. There was little fear engulfing me when Kabir moved near me. I know seeing him means bad News. Usually he came around only to bully me. I got bullied before too. It's not that much I feared about, the thing I feared about is the hate that I feel or see in his eyes.I never felt that before. Usually they bully others for fun. When he came near me as little distance is between us the fear is engulfing me and He said slowly but clearly," I know you always the same playing innocent making other boys blindly believe you. Manik fighting for you with your ex is more extreme. But If this effects Manik in any other way you'll definitely regret your presence". That's when he went away but I am struggling to move nothing came to sense except his words his voice was terrifying. It's just a few words but sounds like eternity to which I fear. Whenever anyone bully me I took it as a challenge to tame them but with Kabir I only feel fear...fear... I don't wanna mess up with anyone I wanna study only to study peacefully. That's when day before yesterday came to my mind. If he knows then everyone in the school knows about this. That's why everyone is staring at me.

I turned back to see everyone while everyone is staring at me though. Someone saying slut, using Men , acting innocent, Bitch..... with muffled voices but are clearly heard. That's when I wanna engulfed by the earth. I stood there without knowing what to do...?. Those words are hurting I never talked to them. They never know me even but they are deciding my character without knowing anything. I just feel like I'm the only one in this whole world. I just thought everything was good and happy yesterday. Now that only tears are there in my life. I went to my desk and plopped down letting my tears .

When someone tap on my shoulders, I rub off my tears as it might be teacher but the person who made this situation this big is standing infront of me made me see at the other. As everyone is staring at us. My anger raised as who fought making small issue into this big. I just don't wanna talk so I left there glaring while he is asking me gently. His gentleness and caring is more toxic than any other.When he hold my hand even while everyone is watching. I pulled out my hand from his grip and rushed out of the door. I don't know whether I should be thankful to him or to be angry at him. But for now If the whole school knows because he said so with his actions or else no one knows like every other day.

I rushed to the washroom that's when someone ran with me. When I said please leave me alone with both anger and irritation. The followed steps didn't leave but then when she calls me Nandu, I turned around and find Navya. She came near me and I hugged her and letting my tears flow.

I don't know why I am explaining to her, " but I said I've done nothing, I'm not what they're calling.... Please trust me. I again said I've done nothing" crying again and again". I've been bullied before but never get called as this. I'm just dumbo, bookworm, nerd which are harmless.

But today it was my world was upside down. But then Navya slowly patting my back. " It's okay.... I know..... I know..." to my explanation.

She assured it was normal here, they where always like that. They always create a story out of every thing. So don't get hurt with their words. You know yourself right....your parents trust you right?... If yes there is nothing you have to worry about. So stop crying". That's made me think, If Mom listen to this what will she say? How will she react?... Is she will be ashamed of me? Why am I thinking like this. She knows everything about Rihaan and Manik. So she will understand .why am I overthinking??.

With that I rub off my tears and wash my face as my bindi was not there. Navya placed bindi for me saying that was my Nandu who never backoff and ushered to my class. We both went to room and asked mam to enter. Teacher casually said that I'm late as Navya about to answer I stopped her. Though every eyes on me I didn't glanced at anyone but went to my place.

I didn't left my spot during break when Navya came to me and dragged me to lunch. I got up and never leave her. I sat with her even though voices are clear and never listened to anyone's voices. I sat staring at my lunch. After my incident I never felt Manik was there but I just wanted to avoid him so I showed no interest in finding him.

Even though at times Navya asked me to eat, I tried but I have no appetite to eat . I left the food in trash.We went to washroom and left to room. Then after a while Manik sat beside me we both don't try to speak. I concentrated on classes that's when attender came asking for us to come to principal office after classes.

It was evening I went to principal the little peace that I felt is nowhere anymore.With each passing second the tension that I felt was like a volcano about to erupt. Navya glanced at me and asked me to whether I needed her to come. I said It's Okay. And after classes Manik and I left to office. In middle way he was moving other way but not to office. I think he will again made this big deal.So I called ,"Manik" but he didn't turn back but stopped .

I again called, Manik but he was moving forward fast. In few seconds he was nowhere. I felt lost,he was angry with me. Even after this he was seeing me suffering he was angry with me while I should be the one to do. I huffed and went to office stopped standing at the door.I don't wanna enter, I've come here before but never felt this much tensed. I don't wanna enter, I'm just staring at the door. When Princi came to open that's when I'm out of daze.

He asked when did I came?, I said," Just now". Seeing him itself made me tensed, What I have done?". He questioned," why did I do that?".