chapter-82

Nandu's POV

All heads turned to her and she walked with grace and had little similar features to Grandpa. He smiled and announced," This is Mukthi Malhotra, my granddaughter." And that's when someone got up and asked," You only had one Grandson, then how come you have two granddaughters? She is my brother's Granddaughter, which means mine too.

Then this is my granddaughter, Nandini, not my blood, but more than my blood. he smiled placing his hand on my head tenderly. With that, my eyes well up with tears. While some are expecting my absence, some love me involuntarily. I smiled sadly at him. Later he asked me to join here but Mukti interfered saying," What will we do here Grandpa? We will get bored to death.". She announced "We're going out" glancing at me.

" Do you need an invitation", she asked boldly not in an insulting way but with so much attitude. Her words and attitude are very similar to Manik's behaviour when he first arrives here. Don't know whether I can blend with her or not. That's when I felt an intense gaze on me and I felt, Dad, was watching me while him sitting with them, which I hadn't noticed till now.

I followed her not knowing what to do. That's when  Manik entered reaching me. " What was that?", he questioned me."I was in a hurry", I lied bluntly.

"Are you serious, you were not even interested in coming here. And you were saying that you're in a hurry. Can't you even come with a good excuse", he said making me glare at him annoyed.

Now I said exactly what I wanted," Your fangirls surrounding you, what should you expect me to do, so I left. That's it", he just stared at me annoyed at first. But later his expression changed turning into a smirk made me narrow my eyes. To which he questioned me raising his eyebrows, That means," Are you jealous", both said at once. That's when I realised even Mukthi was present and saw our bickering, Manik turned his face and got startled for a minute seeing Mukthi there. Then they do their hug and ramble on one or other for a few minutes forgetting my presence.

With that, I stared at them not knowing what to do. And when the meeting was over Santa came out first followed by others. Dad followed. Santa asked me to follow him to his room. And that's when they were glancing at us. But I just followed, entering the room, I stated to him," I don't want to talk about anything". But I don't know even Dad and all the others followed too.

That's when Dad moved forward and was about to question me. " You have to Nandu." That's when Santa asked us to go home and talk being calm, not like this. I nodded at him. With that, I moved out, but Santa stopped him from smiling at me gustering me to wait outside.

I went out and waited there. After a few minutes, Dad came out. Even though I don't want to go with him. I didn't protest. In all this scenario, I never glanced at Manik or anyone as I held my head down all the time. I don't know why but I felt guilty towards Dad. But I know what I'm doing.

The whole ride was silent and I know Dad was stopping his urge to question me or moreover to yell at me. But I was only watching through the window, not at all taking my eyes off the road. While my brain is having very weird scenarios, that are gonna happen at home.

With that the car halted and Dad unlocked the door. I moved out, fastening my pace. This is the first time, I have heard of him. He already knew why I did that. yet, he questioned me and made me feel wrong about my sanity. He entered the room and I was about to switch on the TV avoiding him. But Then, he questioned," What is that?" I just stared at him for a few minutes. He was trying hard to control his temper."I don't want any of that...." I said at last. He questioned," What does that mean?".

I lost my control and blurted out furious," What I said is what I mean... I don't want to become a professional dancer leaving my studies moving to Mumbai and any of that. I don't want to be moved away from Mom. And Dad you're always thinking of taking me away from her, which I don't want to do" My tears trickled down making me feel weak betraying me.