chapter 51

Nandu's  POV

Manik narrowed  his  eyes at the paper,I ignored. Even for me,the anger was still in there. He just leisurely  sat in place assessing me.I just stomped on his foot. That's  when  he crossed  his leg.

To which Anu and sravan  turned  back to see what just happened.  I just smiled, being embarrassed. He was just revising the syllabus, ignoring me like nothing  happened.

Exam time arrives, makes us disperse, and sit on  our exam places. As it was simple science  , no one interrupted   another and completed  their exams fast. But Navya pestered on sitting  for her to complete her exam.

I know she never asked me any favor, so I stayed silent.And to my luck, Manik didn't  left, he was the one in front of me waiting for me to leave first.I  said I have to wait,just a few more minutes. Madam got our papers, and  even after that, she didn't  let me go.

Manik, too, didn't  leave. I know  he doesn't  leave me , as anything  might happen like yesterday. Navya asked Manik,"Are you not leaving?"  smiling nervously.

He just nodded ' No' seriously. "Manik, don't  scare her," I mouthed him. While she was glancing at the door from time to time.He mouthed me to come.  I asked Navya for a minute and asked Manik, "Just a few minutes, you go ,I 'll  come ,  Your friends  might be waiting for you."

He replied , "They're  not ."

" What about Aliyah,"  I  questioned.

" Do you really  want me to go!?" He questioned.

" Not like that ,Manik, This was the first time she asked for a favor," I  replied.

" Rihaan  wanted to celebrate your birthday by cutting cake," he said, making me stunned.

"If you want me to go, I 'll leave, I don't  interfere in your business anymore, " He said.

I  just stared at him , that's  when  Rihaan  and others whom I sit with Navya came with a cake.

I just once again glanced at Manik, not knowing  what  to do.

Seeing everyone  he just left. My heart was with him being left, not with the people surrounded by me. I just smiled awkwardly.

In the afternoon  , even though I don't  like all of them , I was content sitting beside him. Now, with everyone I liked surrounded me, but my heart is with him.I smiled awkwardly.

I know  I just can't  run away from here, while they all put their efforts  for me. I said thanks and forced smiles. Navya was excited with me.

Rihaan got the strawberry  cake. Even though  it was tempting, I was not into it. Rihaan handed me a knife  to cut it. I just took as everyone  smiling widely at me. While his eyes are staring at my every move.I  cut off the cake, even  though  he was there, and I don't  wanna feed him, so I fed the first piece to Navya. Later, I didn't  feed any while everyone  fed me up . It was new for me to celebrate  like this, so  I  just have it without  savoring  the  taste.

They all  wished me ,' HAPPY BIRTHDAY '. I thanked each one of them for making my day with their warm wishes. I  tried to stay calm and collected just smiling at them. But I 'm nervous,  that's  when  I  heard the horn of his bikewhich got unnoticed  by everyone. I thanked everyone  once again. That's  when  Rihaan  asked whether I opened  my  present or not, to which I  just smiled off. Again, I  heard another horn but was really  distant sound as the parking lot is a little  far on the ground  floor.

I  said, "I  had to leave, Mom is waiting  for  me  ,after this, we're going to the movie.They nodded.' Okay.'

I left with that, releasing my breath. I placed my books  in  the locker. I found Rihaan's gift pleading with me to open it. But again, I resisted the urge and just closed the door.

I went down and found Manik was in his place waiting  for me. I asked him to go while I would come  by walk, but he narrowed  his eyes. To which  I  just sat on his bike .Now I feel relaxed, I feel safe and real.I  don't  have to act with him. I can be myself. He rode off. While nearing  home, I asked him to move to my place. He didn't  question  but went to that place.

I went near the waterfall, and the smell of wood soothed  me. It relaxed me.
I just washed my face as I felt a little greasy, with little  cream spread on my face by Navya.  He didn't  say anything but was staring at me , standing at two steps away from me . When I backed off  my head, he was present just behind  me, which made me lean on his shoulder closing my eyes.We both stood there for a few minutes, relaxing myself , letting  go of all heaviness.

That's  when  he started massaging my temple, which made my lips curl into a smile.It made me relax more.After a few minutes, he stopped  massaging, which made me open my eyes.

He suddenly  backed off and made me stumble as I'm  completely  leaned on him. I  regained my position  and  narrowed my eyes at him. How can he do that? What if I would have fall down.He was leisurely  watching me from afar leaning onto the tree. I just went to him, to which he holded my hand tight. "What happened!?" He asked, acting all innocent.

I recklessly averted my face. Even though  I'm  angry  at  him , I found  solace with him.I just stood beside  him.That's  when  I  heard a light thunder make us move out of the place, thinking it might rain.

We went home before he asked me to have panipuri while I was craving while seeing it. I went home but found a person standing there handing another person a few wrapped gifts. What's  the thing that hit me is that he looks more exactly  like  Dad but in a thin way.I  felt him like that, but I shrugged  out those thoughts because my mind questioned, "Why would he be here  afterall that too dressed up as delivery man!?".

That's  when  Mom smiled at me and ushered me to come  both of us in showing  the gifts that dad had sent me.There were more than four gifts . I  said calmly," I don't  want them."

" Nandu, don't  refuse them. He wanted you to have them. He even wants to come here,but seeing your anger, I  deny as it hurts him more being far away, " she said emotionally.

"Mom! Stop being  saint. You have to see that he doesn't  love you or wants us. This gifts and all is just drama, "I  replied  clearly  for her to understand.

That's  when  we both heard the door sound indicating  Manik being left.

To which  she shouted, "Don't you dare talk like that about your parents. We both love you both more than us. "

" Unbelievable," I  said.

" Even after he divorced you, you're  taking  his side Mom", I  questioned.

"It doesn't  matter to you. the only thing that matters to you is that he loves you or not!"she said.

"I don't  know  how to  talk to you or make you understand  he left you for another woman.I said, That's  when my cheek stinged with pain. We both are disbelief staring at each other. While I angrily went upstairs.

*******************************
Hey guys, How is my update. This was the first chapter  I  rewrote many times.Hope you like it.Like always Vote,Comment, and Share.