chapter 2

Nandu's POV

At Evening

I got home early and wished mom as she was already there preparing food. Seeing me happy she asked me "What happened".I said about making a new friend. After completing my homework I went to have dinner . I got my plate with rotis, dal and switched on  TV. Me  watching TV with mouth wide open made mom hit me on head. She always hints me not to watch TV while eating. Mom too joined with me.we had great evening watching our favorite serials.

I went to bed and everything happened today flashed infront of me.
This is the first time I've got a new friend who cared for me like I wanted to . Bullying is common for me that Kabir always plays pranks on me made me suffer. Not only Kabir but others too always made fun on my appearance and all. From past years I'm experiencing this which I always wanted to protest but never had I.I have Alia but she never cares much about my feelings. She was only friend in this school for God's sake but never helped me with anything. Sometimes I feel why she even befriend me.

After Mom's divorce I lost my strength and courage to face everything. Before that I had dad and brother who support me for everything,we were a happy family. I don't know what happened between them but one day Dad got home drunk. I opened the door seeing dad in a drunken state I went to Mom in fear. Then they both got into big fight shouting loudly which made me fear the most. I went to my room and sat in one corner hearing their loud voices. That night changes everything Dad went out leaving home and never came back. The next time I saw Dad was at the court. Judge declared having a single child for both of them. Dad neared me and asked me to come with him. But I went to backside of mom because I was completely terrified of dad. It was happened for about 4years back. Everytime when I think it felt like now itself. From that day Mom become devastated. Only for sake of myself she restrained herself from doing anything to herself. We learned to live life without him. From then I left his likes and my passion towards dance which was taught by him. But Everytime I see someone dance my heart wants to do it but brain restrains my nerves. I'm just studying for moms sake. My heart and soul wanted to be a dancer. She always says that only studies gives you bright future and made our life beautiful. I don't know whether it is true or not. But I can't disobey her. She was struggling so hard to make our lives better. She got me everything whatever I needed knowing before me.

I sincerely love her and wanted to fulfill her dreams about me to become an civil surgeon. I let go of my thoughts and slept.

I wake up early started helping Mom to prepare breakfast. Then she got ready to leave for work .she is a health worker in government hospital which makes her too busy with shifts in alternate days. Sometimes she not even came home at nights even.we both got ready  and was about to leave. Suddenly doorbell ring  made me to  open the door revealing a oldage person in his late fifties  came in like his own home without even introducing himself.

I questioned him,"Who are you?"but ignoring my words he talked with my mom about house and decorations, gardening and asked me to get coffee. Mom questioned with her expression asking me about him. I replied that I don't know raising my shoulders. He answered watching our inconvenience and unwelcoming that he was the new neighbor shifted from Mumbai and came to know about neighbors.Mom asked me to serve him breakfast and he ate happily without any hesitation. Mom left me with that old man. When we came out of the house all my neighborhood was in rush of students going to schools, uncle's to offices while aunties started conversation with vegetable seller. Everyone where in their own hurry. After he wanted me to leave him. I went his home and saw most of the boxes are still unpacked. I saw a huge photo of cutecouple with flower Garland. He noticed me that I'm staring at the photo that they died in a car accident few months back with saddened tone. He just said, SORRY and gave me  Cadbury chocolates to me. I said , No thanks but he insisted me to take them. I reluctantly took them.He then said that he don't know how to cook and asked me to help of getting a maid for him. He then said that they were living means he and his grandson were only living in this house. So I helped him in cooking but he first said NO but later accepted as there is no any another option. After spending time with him , I got to know that he is a good man of no harm.

As I got late I rushed to the school. However I try everyday to get early to class ,I miserably fail and always made excuses. Miss Layla accepted me disapprovingly but I quickly entered.

He was already there ,I said "Hi Manik" happily but he showed no interest unlike me and turn to other side watching outside. I felt bad but remain silent. The day went like this me trying to talk and he ignoring. At lunch, me and Alia had peaceful time , no one tried anything upon me. I reached home and mom too there .Then I said about old man, she said that she will help him to search for maid. I got finished my work and went down to have food. Mom gave me box for Dada(old man). I went to gave him food and return home.

Like wise at morning I help in preparing breakfast and at night Box. We both really become close friends. He share his worries with me of his grandson and his sweet memories of his age and all. If I had a grandfather he will definitely be like this.His house become second home to me. Whenever I help he gave me lots of chocolates for which I can't say NO. Is there anyone on earth who don't love chocolates. A week went in blur I was waiting eagerly  to see his grandson. Whenever I was at his home he leaves or went with friends.

Like this a week went on blur and never got a chance to meet.Curiosity hits the peak just  to meet him after knowing that he too joined in my school itself. As I have low key profile in school, I never intended to ask anything about anyone only I do is to read.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

What do you feel about my update. Do you think Manik is really ignoring Nandu.....

Let me know your opinion....if you like the chapter Vote &Share with your friends. Your comments will made me update fast.love guys😘

          -Please Support me guys-