chapter 8

Manik's POV

We all had practice for a while and left to washroom to freshen up. These days Kabir and others are talking behind my back and are sometimes leaving me which is odd but I ignore it. I don't think they turn their backs on me. I trusted them with my life for all the support and affection. Even they show their backs I don't leave them.

I tried to confront but they say don't think likewise.we are best buddies.. Kabir ushered me in his usual self always make me feel bright and happy.

In class when she asked pointedly about the match. I know matter travel fast than person. I don't know why  but my friends  behaviour changes from the day I got on this bet. So I don't want to talk about it. The time went fast. After school we went to Kabir's house our hangout spot. It was Mansion secured with modern technology. It have garden in front and have large pool in the backyard. Kabir  was a prince living in castle which will have anything in his finger tip. But their parents give everything to show off their status I felt. But the relationship between them was in thin line , whenever we are in home they never been here and as per him, he never talk about them. We had small party to cheer ourselves. Then I want to leave.Seeing me tired, Dhruv insisted  me that he'll drop me home in his bike. Afterall I'm tired so I didn't protest. I asked him to come in when we reached home. When we're about in,aunt called him to come home so he went away.

Even if he come in there is no one to talk with him except dhadha which I don't want to introduce. Thinking all this I entered home and went straight upto stairs to rest. But when I hear Nandu asking for me to dinner even I don't want to have.....I see my mom in her for a sec, my mom always say something or other to made me eat with her. Sometimes she don't eat until I cme home. So I reluctantly agreed.

I freshened up and realised Dhruv didn't came in or else he'll definitely know that she is my neighbour. I got down to eat. After eating I went to bed but only mom was in my mind. I took the picture out in which I'm placing shoulders around them and  are smiling widely at camera. Back then seeing these photos I smile happily. But now tears are welling up. I tried hard to resist my tears not to fall. I am staring at the photo until she came in. I don't know why but she somewhat enlightens my mood. Maybe the reason might be me comparing her to my mother.

Sometimes her words really are funny just like kids words. For me too sleep is far thing now so I accepted her interest in watching movie. It might deviate my thoughts. The cinema started,my situation is worse seeing the protective caring mother like mine in movie. When she asked the same thing that she is asking from morning ,which I don't want to answer. If she do this again I'll definitely broke before her. So I choose the best thing, getting up to leave.

But she hold my hand with pleading eyes. I sat down not wanted to hurt her. After a few minutes she said about the Kabir's and Harshad enemity which shook me off. I know Harshad don't like us and also my friends change in behaviour is now clearly understood.when I'm deeply involved in movie.she again wanted to know something. How much I try she can't stop asking....so I let her ask... 'suddenly who is this Aliya she came up with?'.....After all her discription I understood she was her friend whom I talked to back then..! How can this turn up like this!? I want to clear this issue with her friend I marked this myself. Then I heard about the most hilarious  joke that I have ever heard that 'Manik' me having fanclub in school. Seeing her excitement I asked the most obvious question that "you are  too..." expectantly. But her answer and actions are opposite. I understood and smiled seeing her cuteness.I don't push further. She slept watching the movie.

I don't know what to do..! After all She was asleep in sofa inconveniently. I went up to my room but watching the cool climate, I came down. I tried to awaken her, as she was sleepy head she didn't wake up. Now I have two choices to leave her here in sofa which was uncomfortable to sleep or to tuck her in bed. I choose the second option to tuck her in bed afterall she should attend school tomorrow. I took her in my arms  and tuck her in bed.she was really weightless  compared to her appearance. I felt seeing her she is completely different from her true-self wearing loose trousers and top unlike her friend.I went to my room slept peacefully.

I got up early but she was not in her room or in house. I understood she left to her home. I got ready had my breakfast and went to practice. After practice I confronted  my friends about Harshad, as an excuse saying why everyone is suggesting me to be safe? If you want me to be friends with you,just spill it out what I should know. They taken back but assured me that they will open up once the match is over. But they too insisted me to  be suspective if I found anything odd.Harshad will go any far if he  want something. I want to know absolute reason behind this all but they're again not opening up. I frustratedly went away leaving them.

In my way I bumped into the last person I wanna meet now. The exact person who made me meet my new friends and also  messed up my perfect friendship with them.
"Yes ,you expected right". It was Harshad.

His mocking grin made me much angrier. "Are you ready for match?"I think  you're..." he mocking me up with a grin. 'If you lose don't forget about the bet 'he said mischievously.

"I never lose,that too in bet.. NEVER", I assured confidently.

"You'll lose. don't worry , I will show you the taste of it. I'm so glad if I'll be one to teach you losing" he started rambling made me laugh.

"Seriously..All the best to you''I said reflecting his mocking grin.

With my grin he abruptly hold my collar made me raise my hand to punch him. Then I heard the voice of one and only Kabir with my friends coming to us. Until now I didn't notice we have audience.

Kabir came before me when Harshad again mocked saying Losers and all the sh*t. "Don't worry Harshad let's time decide it, 'Abi cinema Bhaki hai Dosth' in a Bollywood style made us chuckle.

In time the first bell rang indicating us about class time. I went to class with shyam and Rithik(my new team members study in same class with me because friends meanwhile, they too don't like Nandini just because nerd) and like always she came late.

She came and sat down silently. "What happened..??"I asked with concern. "Mom is too tired today I asked her I'll take leave for her but she didn't wanted me to " she broke down leaning head to table.suddenly all turned to our side, I glared at them made them turned away. Miss.Laila came in saving the situation.when madam called her for attendance she rub off her tears and answered.

"I then patted her shoulder,we can go if you want during break making an excuse. Ok!"I asked her in a concerned yet very low tone . When she nodded. I made a plan telling her to ask our teacher to get permission saying any execuse and wait for me after break. As she went, I went to coach asking for help to buy some things.He helped me informing miss.Laila. She is waiting for me when I went out .

we went to her home. Aunt is in bed the looking tired and pale.she is having high fever when I touched to see her condition.Seeing us  she tried to get up but I said not to worry ,"why are you here in your school time Nandu?".she asked in concern tone. But I answered before her, 'she is concerned about your health aunty!! How can she concentrate on study, when you are like this?!'.

"I'm all good she tried to sound good but her condition didn't help".'Mom just this time,I'll go to school everyday from tomorrow ' Nandu said with sad tone. To which aunt agreed and asked,"Just Today".' Just Today mom' nandu assured. Then she went to kitchen to get her veggie soup.

"Aunty can I go and get doctor"I asked with concern.'No need beta!I had taken my medicines It's just due climate and work. There is no need for doctor' she said.'But aunty, we can't neglect health, it might be good if doctor checks' I said. She chuckled and said'' I'm a nurse but Thanks ...I am really happy my Nandu is having a good friend like you please be with her like this always", she asked expectantly showing her hand for promise.

Just within a month everything changed, I have friends who care for me and I can lean on. I promised her and made myself an oath to care Nandu with my life as a friend.

************************************
Please Vote
          Comment
         &Share.

   --------Thanks for Everything--------