Chapter -65

Manik's POV

I determined to share this with Grandpa and called him. He attended the call and hearing his tired voice made me lose my thought of sharing with him.

I just said that I'll say it when he is home. Then I declined the call, I know something was happening in the meeting, but I  don't know anything about how this worked. Even though I have little knowledge about the board members and the work but not about everything.

That's when I remember My Dad's words, he always suggested that whenever you're free you have to be familiar with the business or else This feels like a burden when you'll be into this. But I decline his idea and even Grandpa supports me saying let him enjoy he is still young.

Unlike before I  don't feel this room is suffocating or some uneasiness but reminiscing beautiful memories. This is the place where we used to argue about many things. When he called me for office, that means I'd have done something wrong.

I touched his chair made me realise that one day I sat on that chair and was about to sign a document instead of his, which I know was wrong but because of my playful attitude and me being an adolescent doesn't take it seriously. No one ever questioned me when I used to sign on my progress reports. As Mom always knows about my whereabouts in school. But that incident changed me to never again forgery his sign again. He got furious at me in front of his employees that this is not a plaything but an organisation where hundreds of students like me were making their careers in the fine arts that no institution is offering. With my reckless behaviour, I'll destroy their future. These thoughts made tears brim in my eyes, but again his words stopped me, he used to say," No Man will cry or let a girl cry".

True to his words, he never made my Mom cry. She cried only thinking about her family. Now I felt why don't I listen to his words then, this would have been better.  I would have helped in this and Grandpa would be at ease.

That's when my Mom words came, "It's never too late to start doing Anything than being Nothing"." Yes "  That's true. I should get through the things from Now. That's when my phone rang indicating that it was 'Doc'. Why is he calling me now without me calling him? I answered reluctantly and make sure to make an appointment.

That's when I answered normally to which he answered," Good afternoon Manik. It's been a while of talking with you."

"How are you?", he asked little interrogative. Usually, this is not the way, he used to be calm and interactive but not interrogative. I just said," Good".

He asked," How is your health?".

"Not That Good, Even I'm thinking about meeting you. When can I meet you personally", I asked truthfully.

That's when he questioned me about tablets which I stopped don't know when except sleeping pills whenever I needed them. But I can't say it to him.

"YES, I'm taking them......"I said adding"...at times".I said murmuring 'at times' in myself.  He just said 'Ok' and asked me to visit him tomorrow. I don't know why his sudden interest is in me. Maybe Is he also behind this. How can he be, behind this? I dismissed my thoughts as if I might be overthinking.

Later I went to roam around the building. Later in the evening, Grandpa came late completely lost and tired. I asked him to freshen up seeing him all tired. He came refreshed plastering a smile on his face which is visible. Even though I know it was fake, I can't let that smile fade away. That's where my words died down. But he asked how is my day and even intimated to me about my doctor's appointment while serving food to me.

I said about the doctor's call, but he said that he changed the doctor. There was no need to go to him anymore. I just nodded but he explained that this new doctor is more effective only because of him, I'm like this back to normal. And he also asked about today's panic attack and he intimated about that too to the doctor.

I was surprised that he know.  But feel happy that he trusted me and gave space for me. We completed eating our food. That's when he asked me to follow him to his room and handed me a few files. It's about then he started saying there was something wrong happening. Everything seems fine but something is happening among the board members and in the main branch there seems something Illegal things happening. We need to decide to choose a CEO soon. And I need your advice and also I asked our investigator to get complete details about them within two days.

Be in touch with him and I want you to go through these files and know about things. I nodded. That's when again Mom and Dad's murder came to my mind. I wanted to say it to him. But seeing him in stress How can I stress him further?

I gave him medicine and asked him to take a rest but that's when I questioned him," Can we trust our employees and board members?"

"Usually we can. But money and greediness will make anyone disobey, That was the thing in our case. Many were surprised to see us healthy and normal. That means we can't trust anyone" he said casually like he was expecting this.

Grandpa you know there might be something in Mom and Dad's death.
Without being shocked or surprised he just nodded his head calmly.

Seeing him, I understood he is suspicious about this. That's when I said, "It was murder, not an accident".

"How can you say it determined", He questioned.

"I overheard the conversation," I stated.

"Which means they're in the office itself", he said.

"Might be, might not be", I stated clearly.

"As I know there were a lot of people today who came for the meeting and some other sponsors too present. It might be board members too,
"I started as I was suspicious of everyone.

That's when we both started at each other. Then he started saying that once both of us, Nandu and me were watching a crime patrol series. She seeing by way of hitting the car itself decided that It was a murder but not an accident. That's when I remembered the way the accident which is similar to it.

I asked Joseph to investigate it. He stated that wasn't an accident but suspicious that It was murder. But no proof or evidence found till now as every proof was erased. Why don't we reopen the case? We don't have any evidence to reopen the case. Why don't you try this?

"Please Grandpa just do it, we'll get evidence," I pleaded literally. He nodded. And he was drifting to sleep because of medicine.

I went to my room staring at the ocean that's when my mobile buzzed. I opened seeing that it was a message from Nandu. I replied," Good Night".
But felt a pull towards her to hear her voice and messaged her.  I know this message shows me being desperate but I  don't care now. Maybe that's why she said no.

Waiting for this night to end I rugged my attention into files. With each file, I'm getting more intrigued by them. It contains details about shares and shareholders and how it works. I  don't know when I slept but woke up at dawn when the darkness was completely gone letting the sun rule the world. Which indicates me leaving the darkness behind and seeing the bright side of life.

*****************************
Hello guys, How are you all? How do you all spend your day? Hope you like the chapter. Let me know through your comments. Like always Vote, Comment and Share. Love you all.