chapter-53

Nandu's Pov

My cheek is in pain but more than it, my heart is aching. After all these years, After all this pain with what we went through , she is forgiving him that easily. It's not forgiving,It's like what he have done is correct.

I don't understand what I said wrong.It the thing that happened before my eyes.I know he fight with Mom for another women, while he is married. Isn't this wrong.!?." No, It wasn't wrong that's what they're saying.

I tried. I truly tried, maybe I'm wrong, even I wanted to be wrong, that all are right. Then where is my father,when I'm sad or happy. Like a boy I fought with many for not to be getting bullied just because I don't have father. The bruises I had then were the marks of them left on me . More of my bruises, my heart ache for them.When anyone asked about my father, At first I used to say that he went out of this town.I don't know that they're taunting me.

Even in my own street, If I don't talk to any elders now is just because, they made me understand that he left for another woman.there were aunt's who used to say that,I'm a fatherless child.Like he is dead,even after they know he just left.

Society is good only to the people who held their secrets in their life in a closed space. Even when they're fighting inside, they have to act lovely couple outside. It's okay,If a man has more than one family, but if a married woman has one single male friend , then she is sl*t.

I even now remember the day like yesterday, when he came home drinking and slapping her on her face just because she lied about another woman.After that he only seen to me in court asking for divorce. I know he wanted me to be with him ,or both of us to be with him, but court doesn't grant him my custody, as he is not earning much and a girl need mother more than his father. But they don't know that a girl or a boy need both of their parents to live happily and peacefully. Or else the society finds a way to hurt them, torment them.

Mom used to ask me whether I want to go to him. Because  before this I'm the Dad's princess, while Sid is Mama' s boy.
But it changed after that  for me.My stomach growled with hunger.Even though she was heart broken, she never let me live with empty stomach.  There were days ,she never had food but feed me crying.I  was  just a small kid then, who don't  know  how to make her eat. But when she collapsed in hospital  while working,  that's  when Samatha aunt made her eat food and made me understand and ask her to eat food with me.

Thinking all these, tears were flowing down.That's when Mom came with food. I don't  wanna listen to her. Definitely  'No'. She'll tell something  or other to make me convince. Today I have to know what happened.  I'm determinant  about this.Mom sat beside me staring at me. She said," Sorry",holding my cheek tenderly where she slapped.

I just glared at her.I don't  know  what her thoughts were she just stared holding her tears but tears brimmed in her eye.

Usually it made me go soft but  If I soften seeing her, she'll skip that topic. So I  don't  want to soften.I shouted her to go away.
Even though she  was hurt, she asked me to eat opening the plate over the food.But food is not the thing in my mind.I just glared her to go away. If she let me know what happened then I won't  be in dark and this situation  wouldn't  happened.

Mom if you want me to eat, then talk about what happened between  you and Dad. "Okay ,I'll say just eat first ,later we'll talk about this",she said  sadly trying to convince me.

"Mom,I can't be in dark ,while everyone  say that he is good, even you. But I  don't find any good  only thing I  remember  is that you crying over  him and me got bullied because of him." I shouted angrily.

"Promise me you won't leave me like your dad knowing what I've done",Showed her hand for me to promise.

I just don't know what to say, Why would I  leave her afterall she was my mom.I  promised  her,"You're my mom and I'll  never leave you because of this, that or anything ".