chapter-37

Manik's POV

I don't  know  how I  slept and how much time has passed  but grandpa  woke me up for dinner  makes  me  realize  I slept too long. Eventhough I am not hungry but to make sure  grandpa ate I sat with him.

Enjoying food  grandpa  moaned made me remember Nandu making sounds while eating makes me laugh. Seriously It was  totally  funny even  though. Seeing me grandpa asked what is wrong? I  nodded nothing.He stared  and  said the food is so tasty.I  nodded laughing and  said ," Right grandpa, it was more tasty while  hot and  seeing you eating it's  just Nandu came to my mind. She too moaned. But the thing that made me  laugh is  she moaned differently  grandpa".

I thought to myself, When she does that I  felt," If someone  heard this it would  have  been  so awkward but she doesn't  have any hint of it".

Then he stared and burst into laughter and said,"At times she don't  even  know  what  she do, she was  so innocent".  I too nodded smiling softly. With that we ate talking  about  her and  other too. After dinner  I  turned to go to my room  but grandpa  insisted on sleeping  with  him. I  too nodded.  He started remembering  those days me being a child.  He usually  went on trips on business  purpose.  When he is home even after he is exhausted we two never be apart and I only sleep with him. Me growing up it decreases. And after mom and  dad incident it became worse. He said he never thought that we will rekindle our relationship again . It was like dream come true.

I don't said anything as my thoughts are completely  immersed remembering  them. It's  true I too never thought  I'll be again  become normal without them it's  never be normal but I'm  little  better here. My life stops there when closes my eyes even now I  remember car crashing again within  seconds everything happened. I shook my  head  not to go there. Grandpa  turned to me and  said  I just wanted to have good  time with  you  like before  but not to remember bad memories.

With that he patted my head and asked me  to  sleep.  While he patting me , I  stared  in his eyes" only Concern " is seen. I closed my eyes  trying to sleep.  "Manik,Forget Everything and sleep " he said softly. I wanna  question  "How  can I!?" But I  know  he is just wanting me to happy.....but...but..." How can I?". With these Mom came to me saying,  " Did you forget everything happens for a Reason! Mannu.... I replied ," Don't call me like that Mom , it was like a girl's name.

She narrowed her eyes and said," Okay , Only if you sleep peaceful for now and play my favourite song for me in the weekend.

I said " Okay" instantly. "That's my Mannu beta", she said it again. "Mom..." I voiced faking my anger. "Okay... okay.." she smiled beautifully patting on my head. With that I slept peacefully. Next morning mom wake me up.I woke up and saw mom was nowhere and this is not the place where we both talked. Reality hits me that it was a dream. It was all dream My throat strucked as I felt teary.I don't want this reality. My mom's words came to mind" Everything happens for a reason","mannu" everything felt like reality but it was far from reality.

Mom asking me playing her favourite song. I shook my head. I felt like trapped and alone. seeing me he stared and said " Leave, you're late". Even him being serious It didn't affect me . "Manik, please  go get readyYou'll just overthink here being with me. In school  you'll occupied with your classes and  friends. I  nodded getting  up.  I got ready and  went to school,  that's  when principal was standing outside in ground stopping students  who are late,as I'm  late already too questioned,"Why am I late?",  I replied ," it never repeat again sir" politely.

He nodded, "we are thinking of  conducting  study hours for you guys with graded partners. As you already proved in sports I wanted you to do the same with studies too. You Okay with Lekha or Vinay. They both are good from 'A' section."