chapter 48

Manik's POV

That's when I got an idea of gifting fireflies. There is nothing in my hand to collect them.That's when I remember beer bottles on the road.I got a bottle and washed in the stream.I opened my jacket and tried to catch them . I collected only a few, but transferring them into a bottle is a great task.

Atlast, I've done it.I went out of that place thinking about the things I'm doing for her. I don't know whether I've fallen for her or not, but this is all worth doing for her.

On the way , I collected cake. They've done a very good job, and the cake look more realistic.I went in, and all of them were arranging balloons. I placed the cake on the dining table. Chinoo came forward, feeling more excited to see the cake.After seeing it, he went upstairs. It was almost 11: 50pm.

Just 9 more minutes,they all went up to wake her up. I went at exactly 11:59 pm. Still, Aunt is trying to wake her up.she is crying...seriously crying..just to wake up.

Our excitement is long gone, replaced with smiles, seeing her doing childish behavior. Chinoo is murmuring that he is far better than her. It made me laugh. That's when chinoo freed the balloon in his hand.

It got touched to fan and got popped. To which Nandu awakened and was shocked to see us.Later, everyone wished her' HAPPY BIRTHDAY '. Even though I 'm happy for her,at the same time, those beautiful memories of my birthdays are flooding in my memory. I was just watching everything while she was happy being with everyone.

We went down to cut cake. Seeing book themed cake, she didn't recognize it. She was truly dumb sometimes. She was not realizing that it was a cake.so I held her hand to cut it off.

She was so cute when it got cut off. Her excitement made me so happy even though I didn't smile wide.when she was about to feed me, my heart started beating fast. That's when she got dragged by chinoo, which made me a little calm.

Everyone gave gifts, and I got my gift as they were not lighting, unlike before. I'm hesitating a bit. Why isn't they're glowing now. I was thinking that's when she was staring at me. While handing her the jar, that's when they started glowing.

We left after that. I asked Grandpa to have some sleep. He, too, was tired he slipped into deep slumber.

Sleep was the last thing in my mind. My heart is a complete mess with both mom and dad memories and Nandu's thoughts. Her excitement and laugh literally make my brain replaying .

I was staring at the sky, remembering Mom and Dad. Mostly conversing with them about many things that happened today. I don't know when Nandu came and lied down behind me.When she said,"Thanks." I was stunned . The first thought that came to my mind was ' Am I hallucinating '.

Seeing Nandu smiling, I understood she was there right in front of my eyes. To test, I touched her cheek. Seriously, she was present. Seeing her here, there was happiness, though I'm angry at her .

" What are you doing here.!? I questioned, thinking that she shouldn't be here at this late hour. Even though I'm happy, It is not a good thing to do.
She said normally that she came to talk with me.

"But at this late hour!," I exclaimed.she just stared at me that cute face. She asked," Do you need any explanation or not?".I just stared at her. Seriously It's her choice to make..., I said calmly," It's you who have to decide, not mine to ask."

"Stop being like that, I'm saying that I'm here to explain what happened. " I just stared at her. "Remember Nandu, It's your choice to make whom to talk, or do whatever you want, you don't need to explain, but you have to be careful and think about the consequences too. "And with Rihaan, I felt he was a Danger, That's it, later it was up to you. I don't want MY Nandu to be in any danger."

She just stared for a while and hugged crying." Nandu ...Nandu....stop crying , anyone will come hearing you. Please stop... I pulled her and rubbed her tears off, saying, "I'm saying,It's okay....It's okay... I 'll be there for you. You can't cry on your birthday."

Suddenly, I remembered her antics when aunt tried to wake her up. So I asked," But Nandu, what was the dream you cried for!? ". I started laughing,doing like her while aunt woke her up.

She slapped me doing that, and it made me stop. I tried to stop but failed to join .we both laughed and stayed silent for a while lying on the floor.she started saying, "It's been a long time of celebrating my birthdays. "Thanks, Today is the best day of my life.Usually, on this day, I just try to be normal but fail ,remembering sid and Dad. "

" OK, stop there! then stop thinking about it now, too, see there are so many stars, and the crescent moon is looking beautiful , that's when I pointed out the particular two stars on the crescent moon just look like smilies. We both smiled at it , as she was so excited when I found it. After a few minutes, the cool wind started to blow.

She started feeling cold, so I asked her to leave, as it was already past midnight.she smiled and about to leave, and I turned saying ," What you see is not what happened? He pleaded with me to talk, so I thought of clearing everything would be best, but he placed the gift and hugged, saying I LOVE YOU . That's when I realized he didn't consider my words. I'm not saying this to convince you but for my own peace. Whenever you're angry , I don't feel you're the person I know, so don't be mad at me without listening to me."

Before going, she smiled softly. I too smiled seeing her leaving. Not only for her, this is the beautiful day for me, too.

I' m very much happy that whatever happens, we're solving our issues being good with each other without losing trust.

Again, my brain and heart are surrounded by her thoughts. I didn't know when I slept, but I woke up by Nandu .she was there in a beautiful blue dress, the dress she wore in my dream on another day . " Why're you always in my dreams? Stop waking me ,I need sleep, so stay away.

Manik We're getting late for pooja, she again shook me. I realized ,It was not a dream but was real.

I got up asking few minutes to get ready running off to bathroom.

*****************************
Hey guys, How is my update? Your messages really motivated me to update fast. Keep voting and keep commenting.