chapter-27

Nandu's POV

I got up having a good night sleep. Sleep is the best thing I love. I went down without any thought and lazily took remote from her and slept on her lap in sofa.

"Mom, why don't you wake me up till now, Is day off today!?" I questioned doubtfully without averting my eyes from TV.

She replied sliding hands on my hand which is usual that,"I just took day off today to spend time with you not wanting you to be alone."

She asked me to freshen up as food is ready for me. As I am not interested , I used to watch comedy nights . I am laughing at times but was not that interesting. So I changed another to which mom hissed but I don't budge. Door bell rings to which Mom nudged me to go but like me never do resisted for a while. Then another ring made mom to plead like kid with her eyes as we both are interested in me which I got up reluctantly to open taking long strides." Who come to our house at this hour...." murmuring I opened the door revealing Santa with gleeful smile entering in, asking "how much time do I need to open the door!!" in his usual way.

Without me letting utter a word he went in. And Mom and Santa talked for a while as I resumed my watching placing head on mom's lap. I'm immersed in movie until Santa asked , "Where had you been these days, you never visited me...you know Manik was talking to me like before"with bright smile radiating even in his eyes. I show no interest while he blabbering about Manik.

I know, he was apple in his eyes but who cares. I tried to talk to him desperately but that made me look bad in our teachers sight made them scold me. I felt guilty for my behavior but that doesn't mean he should show much attitude. I tried to ignore their conversation but how much I tried, that much I'm listening to their words. I'm so happy that their relationship got better and also he was so much caring but that doesn't make difference with me because he avoided me like plague just for a few words while I desperately tried to talk to him. But here he was happy with his grandpa.

I asked ,"Is there anything you want to say except Manik, Manik, Manik.... I questioned irritatingly still watching the movie. I don't know what their expressions until Mom hissed and questioned in little authoritative, ' Is this how you talk to your elders. Where are your manners!?".

'Okay, I shouldn't have said those, it should be within me, why I am like this today... yesterday itself I thought of making him talk but today I'm letting it go "I thought trying not to move my eyes from screen." If he don't want to...then I should stop. Afterall he has many friends , I'm nowhere with them".

Stopping all these thoughts I muttered Sorry for Santa to hear. But he asked ," Does we both fight? Or anything happened between us".I don't know whether to say it or not. So I remained silent debating myself. With that he concluded that we fought even Mom agreed. Is it that obvious to everyone. I nodded afterall they figured out." I asked him so many times but he didn't want to talk..so what can I do", I reasoned.

To which Santa asked, "It means you started it first" to which I nodded yes. I understood you might have tried many times but one thing I must say, If he felt hurt by anyone or not wanted to talk, he ignores like we are absent but that doesn't means he don't care. It's his way of showing his anger towards his loved ones.

So don't take it otherwise and never leave his side afterall he lost much important persons in life. After that incident,he tried to be normal only after you met. So don't get angry with him. To which I rolled my eyes as I know it's not because of me, it's completely because of his other best buddies.Seeing me not convinced, he said you might don't know but I know it's only because of you. So never give up on him and talk with him.

"But..but.. you don't know Santa I tried many times even I got scolded because of him,"I pouted. To which Mom asked "Why?". I slapped myself in mind to say that If I say that I pleaded him during class Mom will definitely get angry at me. So I didn't let a word out. "It happened maa once.."I said casually like it happens every other day.