46: Poisoned Past

(Warning: the following chapter contains graphic descriptions of violence and gore.  Read at your own risk. )

3rd person pov:

Hawks puts dabi in his arms while wrapped up in a blanket.

Hawks:"Just hang in there. We're going out for a flight, okay?"Don't leave me too. I would be lost without you.^

Hawks takes off at full speed. Heading to the private hero hospital. The local news catches sight of hawks and catches an image of hawks crying while holding dabi.

Meanwhile, dabi dreams of his childhood. Natsuo is playing with him. However, his eyes are also shadowed over. As touya chases natsuo in a game of tag while giggling with glee. Touya's flames start to burn his feet. Not realizing it, Touya stops to jump rope with fuyumi. She, too, has shadows.

Fuyu:"Come on, big bro. Teach me to jump wope."

Touya smiles with every step. The flames spread up his legs.

Touya:^I don't remember teaching her to jump rope. Though we used to play kickball alot.^

Natsuo kicks the ball to touya. Only for him to fall over. As Touya's back hits the ground. The dirt turns into a deep lake. As touya sinks. He closes his eyes. Only to feel a hand pull him out. It's his father. Shadows cover his face entirely. Only his teeth are shown as he speaks.

Enji:"Calm down before you get hurt. Those flames will consume you if you keep going like this. That is about a new dream. One that's safer and more achievable for you. Like becoming a doctor or having a family of your own."

Touya:"Just shut up!"^ That's not what I wanted to hear. If you had only told be that you were proud of me once. Things wouldn't have been like this.^

Rai:"Is that you touya?"

His body now scared. Touya turns around to see his mother. Her face is clear as day. Her eyes streaming tears like a river and arms are open wide.

Touya runs into her arms.

Rai:"It's alright now. Nothing can hurt you anymore. Everyone has been waiting on you to come home. We've missed you for so long."

As they embrace. White flames begin to crawl up them both.

Rai:"Let's go home to see them together."

Meanwhile Hawks sets dabi in the bed while the doctor begins treatment. Dabi briefly opens his eyes. They're glazed over as he reaches towards the ceiling.

Hawks:"Babe?"

Dabi:"Mom, it hurts.

Rai:"I know, but it'll all be over soon.

Once the medication starts flowing in. Dabi gets a bit of clarity.

Dabi:"Wait, I didn't get a chance to see shoto."

Rai doesn't let him go.

Rai:"Who's that sweety?"

Dabi tries pushing away but her arms turn into chains.

Dabi:"I can't leave without apologizing to him."^that's right. I tried to kill him as a kid. I'm such an idiot. I should've tried to protect him.^

A red feather floats down. Touch8ng the chains and turning them to brital ice. Dabi breaks free and runs until he sees a young shoto crying.

Sho:"It hurts."

Touya:"I know it does. Every lesson stung like pins and needles with every burn. However."

Touya places a hand atop Shoto's head to ruffle his hair.

Tou:"You'll be alright. Get stronger than him. Prove that these flames he doesn't control. Make them your own, and be the hero I couldn't."

Hawks stands up after dabi calls for his mom.

Doc:"Where are you off to?"

Hawks:"I'm going after who did this."

Before the doctor could say another word. Hawks runs and takes flight towards the restaurant they were at yesterday.

As he lands on the roof. He hears a lady in the back laughing with another hostes.

"I'm sure the news will break soon. Let's have a look."

"Oh, you're right. There he is carrying that bitch in his arms. Hopefully the poison works quickly. Hawks bel9ngs to his fans. Not a scared up loser like him."

"Shouldn't we be quiet? There's a camera right there."

"Relax. That thing isn't real. It's just to detore people from robbing the place. It doesn't actually work."

Hawks:"Is that right?"

Both ladies look up to see Hawks gaze down at them.

Both unable to speak. Asking themselves how much did he hear?

Hawks:"You hurt my baby bluejay. I hope you're ready for the consequences."

"If you arrest us. More fans will be on our side and bail us out."

Hawks:"Who said anything about prison? I'm taking care of this personally."

Feathers spread out in the alley and shoot down on the girls. The reflection in hawks eyes shows him shooting feathers first in their torsos to puncher their lungs.

Hawks:"You can't scream if there's no air to breathe."

Both go to run. So Hawks puts feather in their limbs before pulling them apart. Then he breaks the camera and retrieves all evidence. Even the hairs of the feathers respond to his quirk awakening. Leaving no trace behind that, he killed them.