22: Free Time

3rd person pov:

Chisaki sits by Dabi's side. Waiting to see those blue eyes sparkle in the light once more.

Chisaki:"So when is the next procedure?"

Doc:"Since we did two parts already. Let's give him three weeks."

Dabi:"Three weeks? Why the long gap?"

Doc:"We had an unexpected issue acure that could be troublesome. So we'll give you time to decide if you wish to go through with it. Knowing your risk has gone up."

Chisaki:"Can't you remove the nomu first?"

Doc:"If we try and it resists. There's a chance it could berow itself in his spine. The other issue is that the device regenerates at a fast rate. Healing dabi faster than we could cut."

Chisaki:"What the hell?"

Dabi:"So that's what he's planned. Hurting me over and over to break my will. If he nannages to capture me again. He intended for me to live through hell. I've made up my mind. Take this fucking thing out of me as soon as possible."

Doc:"We'll still require you to wait three weeks. We need time to prepare for the fight to come."

The doctor looks over at overhaul, and chisaki nods in agreement.

As the doctor leaves. Dabi begins to get dressed with chisaki's help. As the meds still have him groggy.

Dabi:"Hey chisaki, can I call you by your first name?"

Chisaki:"What brought this on?"

Dabi:"Three weeks isn't enough time to know someone completely. So just in case. I'd like to have no regrets."

With a smile. Chisaki holds Dabi's hands.

Chisaki:"My name is kai."

Dabi turns red and hides his face in kai's chest.

Not knowing how to react. Kai embraces him.

Dabi:"Thank you, kai."

As chisaki lays his head atop Dabi's. His phone rings.

Chisaki:"*Sigh* What do they want now? Sorry, darling. I gotta take this call."

As dabi sits in the wheelchair to be rolled to kai's place. Overhaul answers his phone.

Over:"What is it now? I'm kinda-"
The room goes silent for a moment. Only for chisaki to ball up his fists.

Over:"No need. Come to my place after I get back. You're being resigned. This will never happen again. Now I've got to go out and get it back."

With a snap of his fingers. The two guards outside begin to push Dabi to chisaki's place.

Overhaul hangs up and runs off.

Dabi:"What's going on?"

G1:"The boss has lost a key part of his plans thanks to an idiot. Now he's going to retrieve it. After that, he'll be by your side once more."

G2:"Meanwhile, we'll give you the grand tour of the complex."