23: Getting The Girl

3rd person pov:

As dabi is shown around the complex. The guards seem to be tense.

G1:"Here is our karaoke bar, and beside it is the arcade."

Dabi:"I noticed most of the buildings we pass haven't got signs. Are they apartments?"

G2:"the three story ones are, but anything two or less is our accountants offices."

Dabi:"Financial troubles?"

G1:"We call them accountants because they go out and get us supplies or daily needs. Such as groceries, over the counter mess, toiletries. Things that we don't want heroes or the police catching us when we get it."

Dabi looks ahead and sees an open-air garden. Yet they stay under cover.

Dabi:"Is there a reason we can't go out there?"

G2:"Well.... you see there's-"

G1:"There's been a pest problem. So we're keeping you out of danger."

As dabi looks outside. He sees a guard burning a red feather that's on the ground.

Dabi:"So he's been flying over?"

G1:"Heroes know of our locations, but finding one person is still going to be difficult. We're just making it impossible for him at all bases."

Dabi chuckles.

Dabi:"Keep up the good work then."

As dabi is lead back to chisaki's place.

Hawks has flown by all of the nearby hideouts.

Hawks: "They've hidden him well. Maybe another fly by will give his location awa-"

Hawks phone beeps with a notification.

<Device has been tampered with.>

Hawks is interested by the message. Heavy and fast breaths race. As Hawks looks for the signal.

*bee-beep*

<signal lost. Please ensure your device is able to be connected to the internet.>

Hawks grits his teeth. Bellowing out in fury. Before throwing his phone and impaling it with a feather.

Hawks:"That bitch! No, it isn't  my little Bluejay's fault. He's just letting me know that he's alright. Yeah, that's it."^ Don't worry baby bird. I'll rescue you soon.^

As Hawks flies threw town. He sees two students from UA at an alleyway with a little girl.

Hawks:^None of my business. I need to save my strength for- ^

Hawks gasps as he sees overhaul stepping out of the shadow.

As Hawks grinds his teeth together and readers to attack with a feather sword in hand.

Hawks:^Wait, if I kill him right now. There's too many witnesses around. I could kill them, but picking a fight with UA wouldn't end well for me. Prison would mean being unable to hold him again. I'll sit back and watch this play out. Then when the time is right.^

Hawks grips the feather tightly.

Hawks:"I'll end you and get back what you stole from me."