56: Run Away Little Bird

3rd person pov:

Kasui sees something coming around to his side. So he ducks out of the way and moves to face Hawks.

That's when he sees scrapes,  dried blood, and duct all over Hawks.

Haw:"He was going to leave me and take you with him. All because you couldn't keep your mouth shut. You see, we had a deal. Endeavor lives, and in exchange. My baby bluejay wouldn't put up anymore fights. Then you opened your mouth and let the truth spill out about his death. So he was going to leave. I had to do something. So I showed him just how far my love will go for him."

Hawks walks towards the machine that Dabi's in and gets lost in the memory.

After burning dabi and stomping out the cigarettes. Dabi begins to crawl away. Just as he's by the attic door. Hawks uses his feathers to impale threw Dabi's limbs and some even hit his torso.

Instead of crying out in agony like Hawks was expecting. Dabi laughs and pushes himself off all of the feathers just to face Hawks. He then caughs up blood.

Dabi:"You really did it. You finally granted a wish for me. Now I can see Kai again. I'm finally free. My only regret is that I can't protect kasui anymore."

As dabi closes his eyes. Hawks had real8zed that he doesn't have much time to save him. Luckily he had a device in the shed that could save him. It was originally planned to keep dabi alive if he had an illness, but now was a good time as ever. So Hawks dressed and cleaned his wounds before putting him inside. The liquid is a special type of step cell that heals wounds fast and stops the aging process. However it has to be changed weekly and is very expensive. Not to mention needs electricity  to stay active. So Hawks uses what he has to make it happen.

Hawks comes to when kasui shoots ice feathers at him.

Hawks dodges them right in time to not get decapitated.

Kas:"Don't you touch him!"

Hawks glances over at his son to see his eyes staring daggers at him.

Haw:"It's ashame it had to end like this so soon. I was going to reunite the family once you graduated as a surprise. You would've had a special drink to fall asleep. Then we would all be locked in the tank together. I would make sure our deaths would be painless too, but once again, you ruined everything. So now, I have to finish what I couldn't all those years ago."

Hawks takes a battle stance.

Haw:"Did you know I tried to kill you so many times. The first was when you were an egg, but your poppa tried to stop me. It was the first time he stood up to me since the promise we made. Then throughout the years, I had a blade over you a few times while you slept, but your face reminded me of him. So I couldn't go through with it, but now. You threaten our love."

As Hawks shoots feathers at his son. Kasui takes flight and dodges all of the attacks.

Kas:"That's some fucked up logic you have. You know, if you were a bit saner when you and poppa met. He might have actually fallen for you. Now the only one you need to blame is yourself. Crazy bitch."

Hawks feathers flair with rage. Causing them to send off the tiny needle like hairs at kasui.

Kas:"That's new."

Kasui then realizes that he can't stay up. He looks back to see that most of his ice feathers have been picked off by hawks feathers.

Haw:"Expireane is your undoing kiddo."

Kasui falls and tumbles until his back is against the wall. He looks up to see that Hawks has a feather sword pointed down at him.

Haw:"Any last words?-"

*BAM! THUNK!*

Kaname tokoyami uses his shadow tongue to form a huge fist to knock him off and away from kasui.

Kas:"Tokoyami!"

Toko:"Run kasui. I'll hold him off until you can get help."

Haw:"Do you really think you can leave that easily? Like hell!"

Every box that lines the airplane hanger sized shed starts to shake violently. Only to burst open with old collected feathers. Hawks stands up with a limp to his step. He already had a fractured wrist from his fight with jeanist, but now he also has three broken ribs and a dislocated hip. Yet he keeps on fighting. Hawks stands with the machine dabi is in right behind him. Guarding it like a crazed dog with a bone.

Haw:"He's mine."