53: Tracking Off

3rd person pov:

Kasui heads to class and finishes the day without anything else happening at school. After the final bell rings. Tokoyami meets up with kasui.

Toko:"Hey kasu! Wanna go to the arcade!?"

Kas:"Sorry, can't. I got a curfew. Some other time, though."

Toko:"Just make up an excuse like you were looking into clubs to join."

Kasui smiles and turns off his phone.

Kas:"You got yourself a deal. Hope you like losing a street fighter."

Toko:"Only if you don't mind losing at mortal combat."

As kasui grabs his new friend to take flight. Hawks watches from a far.

Eyes narrow in anger when he sees that kasui's phone is turned off and he's unable to track him.

Many hours pass, and the street lights cut on.

Kas:"Holy shit it's that late? Sorry, I gotta go. See you tomorrow, Tokoyami."

Once at home. Kasui notices that all of the lights are off. Once he turns on the lights. Kasui heads to the kitchen to start dinner.

Kas:^Dad must be working late again. I'll make us lunch for tomorrow aswell.^

As kasui gets to work. Tokoyami walks home alone. Only for the lights on the street, he's on to break all around him.

*Foof!*

The sound of wings flaps above him. As a tap from boots comes from above.

Haw:"Stay away from him if you know what's good for you. Otherwise, you'll only hurt him. You're a bad influence, and if I catch you around him again. They'll be a rumor about you, too."

Hawks fly away. Leaving the young hero trembling.

A few minutes pass, and kasui remembers to turn his phone on. Once he does. Kasui sees over twenty texts and sixteen calls from his dad.

Kas:"Shit."

The door opens, and Hawks flops on the couch.

Kas:"Sorry I'm late. I was out with a friend looking at club activities."

Haw:"You know the rules. Why didn't you shoot me a text to let me know, or keep your phone on?"

Hawks takes kasui's phone and sends him to his room to eat alone.

While eating, kasui studies until he falls asleep at his desk. Only to wake up by his alarm for school.

As kasui opens the door. He notices something is wrong. The door won't open.

Kas:"Dad, what's going on?"

Haw:"We're gonna start home schooling again. Since you wanna lie to me. You don't get the luxury of seeing your friends again unless you tell me the truth."

Kasui bangs on the door. Only to curl up in a ball.

Kas:^ This isn't the first time this gas happened. In middle school, I stood up to him to hang out with friends. My feathers sharpened, and I struck one at his head. Only to miss and cut his cheek. So he held me down. Breaking my ice wings to bits with a hammer until they were short enough to melt. That's when he took a blowtorch to them. Scaring my back. For three weeks I didn't go to school. Once my wings returned. I was free to go back, but with stricter rules placed upon me. Now, if I don't do as he says. I'll be a caged bird.

Kas:"Poppa, where are you?"

Kasui mutters to himself as he clutches Dabi's old jacket that he had hidden from Hawks.

Almost two weeks have passed before kasui returns to school. This time, he doesn't look at anyone. For lunch, he heads up to the roof.

Kas:"Tokoyami?"

Kasui looks until he spots the boy shivering.

Kas:"There you are."

As kasui wLks over. Tokoyami stops him with a shadow hand.

Toko:"We can't hang out anymore. I'm sorry."

Kas:"Did he say something to you? Mother fucker! Everytime I try to make friends he does this. Scares them away for no reason."

Kasui climes the fence and opens his arms our.

Kas:"I wish I was never born with these damn wings."

Kasui takes a step off the ledge and falls. Causing Tokoyami to charge forward to save him. Only to see shards of ice fly kasui back to safety.

Kas:"a thought of hesitation and they come to save me."

Toko:"Don't do that. You scared the crap out of me just now. Listen if we hang out. We gotta be careful about it. For now just act like we aren't talking anymore."

Kas:"Do you still have that thumb drive? I know you saved it."

Tokoyami nods and pulls it out of his pocket.

Kas:"Free period tomorrow. We're gonna see what's on it at the computer lab."

Toko:"Right. Oh by the way. What happened? You were gone for almost two weeks."

Kas:"Dad threatened to homeschool me if I didn't tell him the truth. So I told him that I was talking with you about advice on how to get a crushes attention. So he boute it and let me go."

Toko:"You are one brave son of a bitch to lie over another lie."

Kas:"He won't know if we play it safe. Now, let's go back to class."

Eyes watch from afar to see Tokoyami push kasui inside. Up close, they're laughing,  but from afar, it looks as if they're fighting.

Hawks smiles in victory.

Haw:"No one will take either of you away from me. Isn't that right, bluejay?"