57: Cry Out

3rd person pov:

Kasui is frozen in fear. As the wall of feathers towers high above him. He remembers an old fuzzy memory of his poppa comforting him during quirk training to fly with hawks.

Dabi:"Even if you feel like the odds are against you. There's always hope. You just have to light the spark."

Dabi shows that a broken lighter without flint can still light when it gets help from another."

Fear boils into hatred. As marks by jasui's eyes spread just like Hawks. Ice feathers tips start to melt to a sharp point. As the red wall comes down on him. Kasui cries out in a loud growling war cry, and just as he's being swarmed. Hawks smiles and turns around to hug the glass where dabi is. Only to quickly turn back around when he feels a sudden burst of heat. He looks and sees all of those feathers ash from kasui fire breath attack.

Haw:"How the hell is he? Huh."

*tink. Tsss-sssstk*

Hawks sees that an ice feather has cracked the glass.

As Hawks gets ready to fly up to build up speed for a charge attack on kasui. He doesn't realize what's happening behind him.

Since the glass is cracked. Dabi hears kasui's scream echo into the chamber.

As Hawks flaps his wings to take flight. A hand reaches up for the first time in years. As bubbles in the liquid form around the hand before a bright light comes out.

Hawks falls forward from the blast and has no wings to fly. His back is scorched, and the glass shards are in bedded into his back.

As Hawks cries out in pain. Dabi melts the chains and other things on him. He steps out of the machine that now has grown silent.

Dabi looks down and steps on hawks back.

Dabi:"How does it feel now that the shoe is on the other foot?"

Hawks caughs up blood. As Dabi's weight has pushed the broken ribs into hawks lungs.

It's at this moment that kasui feels faint and is about to fall.

Toko:"Kasui!"

Tokoyami morphs his tongue into a hand to catch him as he falls.

Dabi:"Kasui?"

As dabi pushes his weight off hawks and lets go of the machine to balance himself. Dabi's legs give out, and he falls beside hawks. Who's now passed out from the pain.

Dabi crawls to kasui and reaches for his hand.

Dabi:"Is that really you. Look how much you've grown. I'm sorry I couldn't be there to watch you grow up-"

Exhausted from the lack of exercise he's had in the past few years. Dabi falls asleep while holding his son's hand.

Kasui is unable to speak because his throat has burns, but he cries tears of joy. As he has finally been reunited with his poppa.

Two weeks have 0assed and dabi opens his eyes to find himself in the hospital. Beside him is kasui asleep while holding Dabi's hand.

Dabi:^ So it wasn't a dream.^

Dabi begins to cry as shoto walks in the room.

Sho:"You're finally awake."

Before dabi can react. Shoto hugs him.

Sho:"Thank God you're still alive, touya. Now we can be a family again."

Dabi looks away.

Dabi:"I can't. It's because of me that they're all-"

Sho:"You had nothing to do with that. Hawks was responsible for their deaths not you. He killed them with his own hands. Their blood isn't on yours. You and kasui are always welcome to come home."

Shoto hands dabi two keys to the house. One for him and the other for his son.

Dabi:"What happened to hawks?"

Sho:"He was arrested and faces life in prison. The judge wants me to ask you if you want the death penalty for him."

Dabi:"There's been enough death. Let that sick fuck rot in a cell. Death is too kind for him. Let him suffer because of his obsession. Let it drive him to an insanity that will be his own undoing."

Shoto smiles and leaves to tell the judge.

Kas:"I couldn't have said it better myself. Morning poppa."

Dabi smiles and squeezes kasui's hand.

Dabi:"I thought you were asleep."

Kas:"Hearing your voice made me wake up. So that every second we have can be spent making up for lost time. After all, this is the best birthday gift ever."

Dabi:"It's your birthday today? Well, we'll have to celebrate. How old are you turning today?"

Kasui tears up when he speaks, but he continues to smile through the pain.

Kas:"Eighteen."

Dabi:"Damn."

Dabi thinks back to his childhood of all the school family events he missed out of with kasui. From choir concerts in early grade school. To science fairs in middle school. Even getting him ready for hero training and costume designing.

Dabi:"From now on. I'll be around to support you all the way. Nothing will stop me this time to watch you grow up to be an amazing hero. What is your hero name anyway?"

Kasui blushes from embarrassment. As he didn't even tell Hawks what it is.

Kas:"promise not to laugh?"

Dabi hold up a pinky to promise. So kasui takes a deep breath before he speaks.

"Setsuna."

THE END?