38: Pleads For A Brother Back

3rd person pov:

Dabi goes to eat another bite. Only to stop short before it touches his lips.

Dabi:^ I feel sick.^

Flashbacks of what Hawks did to Kai come again. Causing dabi to drop the chicken and cover his mouth from nausea.

Hawks hums a tune that seems like an eiry nursery rhyme.

So, dabi tries to get his composure back.

Dabi:^ I could plead for him to let them go. No, he'd only target them more. If only I had the power to save them. My hatred never was towards them. It's always been directed at mom, dad, and shoto.^

By this point, dabi is looking down at his hands, and Hawks has walked over to his side, bent down to Dabi's eye level.

Hawks:"Penny for your thoughts?"

Dabi flinches and uses what little movement he has to slap Hawks.

Dabi:"I never asked for this. They've got nothing to do with us. Why go after them?!"

Hawks eyes have a shadow over them. Only for his hand to look like it's going to grab Dabi's neck. Just as it gets there. His hand changes corse and gently presses against his cheek.

Hawks:"This happened because of you, baby blue. Remember when I said there would be drastic measures?"

Hawks leans in close to kiss dabi. So dabi turns away.

Dabi:"Please not now. My stomach isn't feeling well."

Hawks stands up and pats Dabi's head.

Hawks:"Then let's come back to dinner once your stomach feels better."

Hawks grabs the back of the chair and drags dabi down the hall to his office.

When they get by the door. Dabi hears muffled whimpers. So he closes his eyes.

Hawks drags the chair and with a loud thump. He stops moving. Yet dabi keeps his head down and eyes closed.

Hawks:"Eyes forward darling. They came all this way to see you."

Dabi refuses to budge. Muttering to himself.

Dabi:"Make it stop."

Hawks grabs a hand full of Dabi's hair and pulls up to force his head up.

Hawks:"I said look!"

Dabi opens his eyes to see natsuo and fuyumi have their arms behind their backs and rags tied around to gag them. Natsuo gets his out to speak.

Natsu:"What the hell is going on here!? Did dad put you up to this to protect is from danger-"

Hawks:"Quiet down! Babe~ Aren't you going to speak to them?"

Natsu:"You're a sick fuck."

Hawks:"Oh did Endeavor keep him a secret from you? I'm not surprised. Finding out touya is alive is hard to comprehend at first."

Natsu:"You're lying! Touya is dead!"

Hawks:"Well, let's call him to find out."

Hawks puts a feather to fuyumi's throat and a hand over Dabi's mouth.

Hawks:"You're only permitted to ask about touya. Anything else will result in loss."

Natsu:"Let her go! Fuyumi has nothing to do with this!"

Fuyumi looks over at natsuo with eyes pouring tears.

Hawks:"She's a todoroki, isn't she? Now I'll call him so you can ask."

Hawks dials the number on fuyumi's phone. Then with a feather and on speakerphone. The cell is brought closer to natsuo.

Enji:"Are you alright? What happened?"

Natsu:"D-dad?"

Enji:"Natsu? What's going on? Where are you?"

Fuyumi looks over at Hawks and sees Dabi's eyes. His burnt tearducts dripping with blood. As his gaze locks with hers for a moment. He closes them as if he is apologizing  to her.

Fuyumi:^ Wait is that? No, it can't be.^"Houya?"

Hawks smiles so innocent and puts a finger to his lips with a wink. Causing fuyumi to cry tears of joy. So he tries to quiet down as natsuo is on the phone.

Natsu:"Is touya still alive?"