12: Strip Away Pride

3rd person pov:

Dabi runs until he finds his way back home.

Meanwhile, Hawks flies over the streets in search of him. Only to come up empty. By nightfall, Hawks heads back home. Only to fall asleep while cuddling Dabi's coat that he left behind.

[TWO WEEKS LATER]

Dabi watches on television the news conference  to address Hawks' progress on the program and the lack of picture updates.

Hawks:"The program is going well. As for the lack of updates. Well, he's been sick and has been resting at home."

"What about the rumors about him escaping? Did you really send out your fanclubs to search for him?"

Hawks:"Those are just rumors. Rest assured that nothing is going wrong with the program. Now if you'll excuse me. I've got to get back to work."

Hawks flies off and dabi huffy.

Dabi:"He won't stop, will he? Damn bird."

As dabi gets back on stage to sing for his strip show. His boss signals him that he has a guest waiting in the Shampain room for a private show.

After dabi sings soul for sale by simon cirtus. And strips down to almost nothing. Then heads to hig guest. When he walks in. He lights a candle to set the mood. His guest has a hoodie on and is covering their face.

Dabi:"No hiding your face here. It's for the safety of the dancers.

The customer pulls dabi to their lap. Leaning in close to whisper.

Hawks:"So this is where you've been hiding. I told you that I would find you again."

Dabi's eyes widen, and as he goes to get up. Hawks grabs his neck.

Hawks:"Scream or try anything and I'll turn this place into a blood bath to get you out of here. Come quietly and I might forgive you for leaving me."

Dabi:"Fuck you. Anywhere is better than going back with you."

Hawks:"Oh? Is that right? Well, let's test that theory."

Dabi struggles, and just as he's about to cover his body in flames.

*tik ssshoof*

Hawks injects dabi with a drug to help him sleep, and as he walks out. He hands the owner a feather. As she was part of his fanclubs.

Hours later, dabi is in and our of contiousness. Only to realize what's happening.

Dabi:^What happened? Wait where am i!?^

Dabi tries to move. Only to see the floor. As he's strapped down to a massage table. His head is unable to move. As it too is strapped in place.

Hawks:"Will the surgery work?"

Garaki:"Only one way to find out. Though I'm surprised that you wanted me for this."

Hawks:"Didn't you say shigaraki wanted to get him back for not  noticing them that he was gonna be a no show to the new recruit meetup? I figured this way he would be satisfied. Especially since I'm not done with him yet. Shigaraki will also have a hand later in the plan."

Dabi:"What's going on?"

Hawks:"Oh good you're awake now. You said that anywhere is better than with me. So I'm holding you to your word, but first you need some prep work before I send you there."

Hawks kisses his  hand before standing aside for the doctor to start surgery. With the first slice dabi whinces. Only to cry out in pain. As garaki begins to spread two of his disc's of his spine apart to place a liquid covered tiny metal beed between them. The pain goes threwout his body until he's knocked unconscious.