45: Dream A Dream of The Soul

3rd person pov:

As Hawks lands on the balcony of their country home. Dabi whimpers as if he's in pain.

Hawks:"Babe, we're home."^He's offily warm.^

Hawks takes dabi to bed and checks his temperature.

Hawks immediately notices that dabi is running a fever.

Hawks:"What got you sick?"

Without hesitating. Feathers go to collect things to take care of his bluejay. That way, Hawks doesn't have to leave his side.

Meanwhile, dabi dreams that he's in a straight jacket with a muzzle to silence him. Hawks pounds into him with enough force to jolt dabi forward. Every motion causes dabi to moan out in pain.

Dabi:^Ever since the day we moved. He's made sure that the safe word can't be spoken. Nothing can interupt his fun.^

Dabi opens his eyes and sees Kai reaching up to hold Dabi's face. His eyes are covered in shadows and the voice is distant.

Kai:"Fight this babe. You can't let it win. Your life is about to change for the better."

As Kai kisses the leather over Dabi's mouth. Dabi sees chains pull him back into the flames. Skeletal hands grasb kai's limbs, neck, and face as he's dragged away.

Dabi's restraints  disappear. As dabi chases after him. He finds himself reverting to his old memories. Ones of his childhood.

At this point dabi hasn't woken up in over sixteen hours. Hawks clutches Dabi's hands as he too is lost in memories of the past.

Hawks:< A child born into a poor home. Mom wasn't allowed to leave the house, because dad didn't want to share her. Not even with me. Her ankle was always chained to the bed. When I was born, he got jealous and tried to separate us. So mother made him a deal. Once I turned four. She would agree to spend less time with me. Three years we never left each other's sides. When mother was asleep. Dad would take out his anger on me. Making sure that the scars were covered. However, mother soon found out. She faught back against his advances. Only for more restraints to be added to us both. Mother could do nothing but watch as he raised a knife to me. That's when it happened.

"DONT! I'll never ever ecknoledge him again. I'm yours now and forever. I just ask for one thing. Send him away with enough food and water to find him another home."

Father threw week old bread and a bottle of water at me. Mother kissed my forehead and I felt something wet trickle down my face. I wiped it to see blood. That's when I noticed mother wiped her lips and never spoke again. Instead she points to her eye before shaping our hands like a heart before she poked my chest. As dad put chains on her to drag her back to the house. Dad's featherquirk wrapped around the handle of the knife before he stabbed me. As I laid in the shed bleeding out when he shuts the door.

Keigo:^Why did you leave me? I thought you loved me. So why didn't you protect me. I guess I wasn't meant to expireance love.  What is love anyway? Did they show me what real love is? No matter. I'll soon be dead.^

As I closed my eyes and felt the stream trickle down my side. The door opened, and I saw him. A boy with snow white hair. I thought he was an angel. When I awoke. I never discovered who it was that saved me. That isn't until I went to Endeavor's house. That's when I found out about the accident. So I started looking into it. Within four months, I found you alive and well. The angel, and my bluejay.>

Since dabi wasn't waking up. Hawks sent a blood sample to the doctor who works for the Commision. After a few hours. He gets the news in a text that dabi had been  poisoned.