47: Can't Fly

3rd person pov:

As Hawks takes flight. A strong pulse of pain rings out in waves from his stomach. The pain causes him to go unconscious to go unconscious. Hawks free falls for a few moments. Only to regain it just before impact to the street below.

Hawks foot kicks off the ground to take up to the sky again. That's when he lifts his shirt.

Hawks:^There are no wounds. So what the hell just happened?^

As Hawks Flys back. It happens  again. So Hawks glides down and starts walking back.

Meanwhile, Dabi hugs shoto.

Tou:"Stay safe out there, little bro. We're the only two left."

Sho:"I don't blame you for what happened to them. You shouldn't either. Find something to live for and treasure it."

A hand is placed on Dabi's shoulder. He turns around to see one of his old guards, Kai assigned him.

G1:"It's time to head back."

His eyes are full of sarrow to send dabi back, but it needs to happen to continue living.

The moment dabi stands up to take his hand. The darkness clears, and dabi sees Kai running up to him.

Kai:"Stop trying to join me. It isn't your time yet, you idiot."

Dabi smiles and embraces him.

Dabi:"Says the one who died first."

Both touch noses and foorhaeds together as the cry.

Dabi:"We were made for one another. Two idiots with a single dream."

Kai:"I love you too."

Both chuckle as they kiss.

Meanwhile, Hawks makes it up to the top floor where dabi is.

Doc:"Why didn't you fly in?"

Hawks falls to his knees and hunches over in pain.

Hawks:"D..damnit. this pain won't stop."

Doc:"Could it be a quirk attack?"

Hawks:"That's impossible because they're dead."

The doctor offers a bed for Hawks while he uses his quirk to scan him.

Doc:"Wait, this is - did you give the monthly offering to the project?"

Hawks:"I can't give what's coming late."

Doc:"It's late for a reason."

Hawks eyes widen.

Hawks:"Let me break the news to him. Not say a fucking wor- gosh aaah!"

While this is going on. Kai pulls away from dabi.

Kai:"They only let me see you for a few minutes. Now I have to return. Play your cards right, and you'll take his power away."

Dabi begins to float away from Kai. Who slowly let's Dabi's hands go. Making sure their fingers touch for as long as possible.

Dabi:"When will I see you again!?"

Kai smile fades as he shakes his head no. So dabi blows him a kiss as the light engulfs him. That's when dabi opens his eyes.

Doc:"Looks like he's awake. You both can go back home."

The doctor unhooks the i.v. from Dabi's arm and bandages it up. Hawks walks over.

Haw:"How do you feel?"

Dabi:"Like I was hit by a truck. Can we go home? I wanna rest where we're alone."

Hawks smiles.

Haw:"Sure but you're gonna have to carry something. Promise me you won't peek at it."

Dabi:"What is it?"

Haw:"It's a birthday gift. So you'll have to wait a bit."

Dabi lifts a pinky up to promise. So Hawks crosses his with Dabi's before picking him up. The doctor places the box in Dabi's arms. Then Hawks walks to the window, and it opens to let him fly off.

As they take flight. Below them are fireworks being set off.

Dabi:"Happy New Year, babe."

Dabi clutches the box tight, and once they're home. Hawks sets dabi on the couch and takes the box to the attic. Then Hawks wraps his wing around dabi when he sits beside him. Both are exhausted. They fall asleep on one another while watching New years programs on tv.