16: New Start

3rd person pov:

After ten minutes or so. They arrive at the hideout. The man who scanned dabi goes to pick him up. Only for overhaul to stop him.

Over:"We've arrived. Time to wake up.

Dabi opens one eye and slumps out of the car. So the male who scanned dabi is helping him walk.

Over:"Tomorrow I'll show you around, but for now I'll show you to your room."

Dabi:"Thanks, sir."

Over:"No need for you to force being polite. Just call me chisaki."

Dabi:"You can call me dabi."

It takes all the energy he has left to get to his new room. Where it almost looks like a one bedroom apartment. Once inside, chisaki hands dabi the only set of keys to the place.

Chisaki:"With these in your possession. No one else will be able to enter without your permission. Not even myself. Now rest up. Tomorrow is gonna be a busy day for you."

Dabi masters enough strength to bow to them. Before closing the door behind him. Then he walks to the bed. The soft and clean Lenins help dabi forget the smell of bath and body's marble colone that permeated Hawks place.

Dabi:"Nah~, smells like.......home."

In ten breaths, dabi is fast asleep. So deep in slumber that not even an earthquake would wake him. After fourteen hours, he'll wake up.

Meanwhile, after five hours of nightmares. Hawks wakes at the crack of dawn. Memories of overhauls face repeatedly play out in his mind. As Hawks grits his teeth. His nails grow out like sharp talons and eyes narrow to show more Hawks like features. Even the markings on his eyes grow thicker with the rage he feels.

Hawks:"That basterd will regret taking him away from me. I'll see to it he dies for ever touching my Bluejay."

As dabi wakes up. He looks for a change of clothes. That's when he finds the walk-in closet full of clothes. Once an outfit is picked. Dabi heads into the bathroom to take a shower. At first, the water is set for cold, but after the exposure. Dabi tries to use his quirk. Only for the water to still be fridged cold. So he cranks up the heat. As the water runs down his body. The water pouring off his chin begins to turn pink. As dabi trembles. Dabi puts his hands on the walls of the shower and claws at it.

Right around this time, chisaki rings his doorbell. Only to hear no response.

"Sir, he might still be asleep. Maybe we should leave it at the doorstep."

Chisaki rungs it again. This time, he gets a response. Since every room has an ennercalm that leads to the front door. Dabi can see threw a camera at the door who's there. So he presses the button to respond.

Dabi:"Need something?"

Chisaki:"Forgive me for enterupting your shower. I brought you a cellphone and groceries. May we come inside?"

Dabi:"Sure."

With the press of a button. Dabi unlocks the door to let them in.

Giving dabi enough time to finish up his shower and get dressed. Once dressed, dabi walks out while trying to dry his hair with the towel.

Chisaki:"Why didn't you use the dryer on the wall?"

Dabi:"I've never used one before. So why start now?"

Over:"We need to talk. Last night, you fell asleep in the car. So I asked one of my men to see what's inside you. That's when we found out something."

Dabi:"I know, my quirk is disabled now."

Chisaki:"That's not all. Trying to remove it would prove fatal. Not even a quirk could destroy it."

Dabi:"Which means I'm of no use to you now."

Chisaki:"Not at all. In fact, I would like to find out how it works. If I can do that. Then, disabling it will be my next step. However, I'll ask for your permission."^Eri is almost complete, but I need to know how my competitors' technology works to stay ahead of the game.^

Dabi:"If you'll ensure my survival. I'll do anything to get it back. My dreams can't come true without it."

Chisaki:"What are your dreams dabi?"

Dabi clinches his fists and makes eye contact with chisaki. With confidence and pure hatred he speaks.

Dabi:"I want nothing more than to get those who've done me wrong, to pay for what they've done."

Chisaki:"Who are your targets? If we share them in common. Even if I can't get your quirk back. I'll be sure to let you draw the finishing blows."

Dabi grins with joy.

Dabi:"Hawks, and --------."