33: Family Ties

3rd person pov:

Enji's heart races with joy at the news that his son is alive. Yet even in this moment. His stomach aches with worry.

Enji:^ What should I do? If I go after Hawks alone. There's a chance he could be a problem. He could use his as a hostage. However, if I ask for help.^

Enji thinks back to how the hero commissioner acted. Protecting his actions.

Enji:^No, the less that know the better. What about shoto? He might help, but he wouldn't believe me if I told him about touya. Fuck! What do I do?!^

Enji looks stressed. So when best jeanist walks past. He stops.

Bes:"What's wrong Endeavor? Being number one isn't as fun as you thought?"

Enji grabs jeanist and pulls him away from the building to an alleyway.

Bes:"What the hell-"

Enji:"Shh, keep it down. Can I trust you wish a secret. If this get out. Someone's life could be in more danger than it already is."

Jeanist zips his fly to signal, keeping quiet.

Enji gives jeanist the letter.

Bes:"DNA test? Wait, this is-"

Enji:"My oldest is alive, and I fear that he's in danger."

Bes:"What makes you say that? Hawks is one of us."

Enji:"The gore left behind after overhauls arrest. Not to mention I saw Hawks on his phone watching him struggle in chains."

Bes:"We can't do anything until you get actual evidence. Hear say won't go far in court."

Enji:"The doctor at the compound. His testimony of the surgery could prove-"

Bes:"The doctor is dead. One of toga's victims."

Enji's hope fades as only one option is left.

Confront Hawks directly.

Bes:"I know what you're thinking, and it's idiotic."

Enji:"What else can I do?"

Bes:"Nothing, that's another option."

Enji:"Not you too."

Bes:"Hawks doesn't have just one thing keeping his position as a hero. Unlike a sertain number one we have. Messing with him will not only endanger you and your family, but your career and livelihood. Stand down and plan ahead of him."

Enji sighs and just as he's about to admit that jeanist is right.

*D-D-DI-DO-D-DIDODIDIDNG!!*

Enji's phone rings, and it's Hawks calling.

Enji:"Shit, it's him."

Jeanist tells him to answer. The moment he does  sounds of chains rattle set his mind into a frenzy.

Hawks:"I do not consent to this call being recorded for legal reasons. Now that that's out of the way. Let's talk. My place is three days from now at midnight. No followers. If I catch any signs that someone else is with you. "

The chains rattle more.

Enji:"Hawks-"

The call hangs up and jeanist walks away.

Bes:^Staying out of this means I'll live longer. Let those two try to kill one another. Someone's gotta stay alive to protect the people.^

Enji's flames boil out in rage. Melting his phone.

Enji:"Haaaawks? You're a fried chicken walking."

When hawks gets off the phone. He sets down the small chain back on the table and walks back into the bedroom where dabi is sleeping.

By this point, Hawks is naked and lays beside dabi. Snuggling up to Dabi's chest.

Hawks:"Just a little while longer till there's no one who could tear us apart."

Hawks smiles so innocently while sleeping beside his prey.