44: Freedom At A Price

3rd person pov:

Hawks lands at a 5 star restaurant with dabi in his arms. The hostes sees that it's Hawks and lets him in without a reservation.

As dabi walks in. The hostes stops him.

"Sorry sir but you must have a reservation to enter."

Hawks smiles and places a hand on her shoulder.

Haw:"Relax, he's with me. Dabi is my boyfriend."

Everyone nearby is so startled. That no one speaks as they walk in.

A waiter greets them and guides them to a quiet part on the dining floor.

Hawks pulls out a chair for dabi to sit. Once he does. Hawks pushes the chair closer to the table.

The waiter does it for hawks before handing them wine glasses, and menus.

Waiter:"Our house specializes in the best quality wagu beef that's marbled to perfection. Our wines for today complement it with a vintage 1882 bottle of wine from the Château de Goulaine. It is the oldest Vinyard in France."

The waiter pools them both a glass before continuing.

Waiter:"Please enjoy a taste of tradition while you dine with us on this lovely clear and starie night."

Hawks sips it and his eyes light up.

Hawks:"This is amazing. Please try some babe."

Dabi follows Hawks lead and is surprised at how complex the flavor is. The aroma is soft, however, and leaves you wanting more.

Dabi gently sets the glass back down. Looking up at the waiter with a nod of agreement.

Waiter:"That's wonderful to hear. I'll give you both a moment to decide what you would like."

Only ten items are on the menu. As it changes daily.

Once the waiter is away so no one can hear them. Hawks smiles and places his hand atop Dabi's.

Hawks:"Great job babe. I see you remembered rule 2."

Dabi:"Rule 1: I belong to you. Rule two: I only speak to you. Rule three: I do anything you ask of me without question. Rule four: Don't touch anyone or let them touch me."

Hawks:"You forgot Rule five babyblue."

Hawks smirk causes dabi to take a gulp of wine before speaking.

Dabi:"Rule five: I'm not allowed to touch myself unless given permission to, and you're watching me."

Hawks:"Good boy. Now what would you like to eat. Price doesn't matter."

Dabi is suspicious. So he chooses the item that isn't the cheapest but isn't in the middle either. While Hawks chooses the second most expensive meal at over ¥50,000 or $350.

After the waiter takes their orders and leaves them alone. Hawks pulls out his phone.

Dabi:"Aren't we on a date? Seems rude to be on your phone."

Hawks:"I'm just wanting to show you something. So tell me something. Why did I get this message?"

Hawks shows dabi the screens hot of the signal lost message.

Hawks:"Did you tamper with the tracker feature?"

Dabi:"Kai- I mean overhaul had tried to pick it apart. It was competition for his plans on quirk neutralizing technology."

Hawks:"Was it completely removed?"

Hawks eyes narrow in anger.

Dabi:"It-"

Hawks:"Don't lie to me. Choose carefully what you say next. We wouldn't want you to pass out from too much wine."

A feather it bearly off his wing like a threat.

Dabi:"It wasn't. The nomu inside made it too difficult to go any further."^my quirk hasn't returned in all of this time. Not even so much as my body heat rising high. No more will they comfort me like a father's embrace. Long have a wanted him to notice me. Only for me to save him instead of the other way around.^

Hawks smile softens as he wipes Dabi's cheek. That's when dabi realizes that he was crying.

Hawks:"It's alright. He can't hurt you anymore. Now let's enjoy our night out."

Dabi:"Y..yeah."

The food arrives and they both eat without another word spoken. As they enjoy the delicious meals before them before flying back home. Dabi had four glasses of wine. So he fell asleep on the way home in Hawks arms.