58: Alternate Original Ending

WARNING: The following chapter contains extremely graphic content that may unset some readers. Read at your own risk, and I apologize in advance.

3rd person pov:

On month three of waiting for the egg to hatch. Dabi hasn't slept beside hawks for about a week now.

Hawks tosses and turns as he tries to fall asleep. So, with a click of his tongue. Hawks sits up. As he's had enough.

The creeking of footsteps is the loudest sound that rings out.

Feathers scoop dabi up and off of the bed in the attic. Causing dabi to grumble and reach out for the egg.

Once the feathers lay dabi in hawks arms. The bird hero smiles and hushes dabi.

Haw:"Shhh. It's alright. I'm just taking you to bed. You wouldn't want an accident with the egg like rolling on top of it would you?"

Dabi nuzzle into hawks chest and pats his chest.

Dabi:"Good bird."

Dabi's smiles causes hawks smile to fade to a sarrow expression. So he takes dabi to bed and tucks him in.

When morning comes to in the morning. He's woken up to the smell of breakfast cooking.

Dabi walks downstairs and sees that there's a box sitting by Dabi's chair at the dining table.

Dabi:"What's up with the box?"

Haw:"Good morning. The eggs will be finished in a moment. Please sit down. I'll bring it to you."

Dabi sits at the table and sees light coming from the box beside him. One peek into the box, and dabi sees the egg.

Hawks comes over and plates Dabi's food.

Dabi:"Aww, you made an incubator."

Hawks smiles and doesn't speak. While dabi starts with the eggs. Hawks doesn't plate any for himself.

Once dabi is almost finished eating. Hawks wipes his lips with a napkin and stands up to walk behind dabi and massage his shoulders.

Haw:"Did I do good?"

Dabi:"Mh, yeah. Breakfast is amazing. Thought the eggs taste different. Did you use bacon Greece to fry them?"

Hawks leans in close and wraps his arms around dabi.

Haw:"I got a different brand of eggs."

As dabi is about to take another bite. He notices something in them. A baby tooth.

Haw:"Now you can be with it forever."

Dabi quickly looks down at the box and reaches down to open it more. That's when hawks kicks over the box to show the broken shell of what was his child's egg.

Dabi:"Y....You didn't. Please tell me this isn't r....real. *ueh*"

Dabi starts to gag. So he falls to his hands and knees. Looking down and heeving. So Hawks places a hand over Dabi's mouth.

Haw:"I won't let you throw it up. Think of it this way. You'll never be apart again. Luckily for you. I called today off of work. So we'll have an entire day together."

Dabi begins to cry as Hawks tries to force feed dabi the rest of it. Causing dabi to scream out in pain.

Meanwhile, shoto is at his father's hero office. Waiting for his sidekick.

Onima:"Shoto?"

Sho:"Come in."

With running makeup on her face. She runs over and hugs shoto before handing over some papers.