48: Happy Birthday Bluejay

3rd person pov:

It's now January 17th and ever since the new year. Hawks hasn't been bothering dabi as much. Instead, he's either been at work or up in the attic. Dabi's anxiety is spiking and since it's the day before his birthday. Dabi worries what's been planned. So when hawks is at work. Dabi heads for the attic.

Boxes line the walls except for the only door that's up there.

Dabi:"A room up here?"

He sees that there's a padlock on the door. So dabi heads downstairs to get a bobbypin to pick it.

Dabi:^Is he planning on locking me up here? I'm not letting him. I'll prep for my escape."

*ti-titi-tic-CLICK!*

Dabi:^It's open.^

The moment dabi opens the door. His eyes widen, and he drops everything in his hands.

The walls are painted with stars and planets. In one corner is a bunch of the boxes that dabi saw Hawks carrying up after work each day. Then he looks and sees what was delivered.

A Basenet, stroller, changing table, and a light shining on a table.

Dabi walks to the table to see an egg with monitors and a tiny base speaker with a heartbeat playing.

Dabi:"What the fuck."

Hawks:"I came back to grab my wallet since I forgot it. Only to catch you peeking at your birthday gift."

Dabi turns around and hawks grabs his wrist to walk him out of t he room. Once outside, Hawks locks the door back.

Dabi:"What was that?"

Hawks stops but doesn't face dabi. In a growling tone. Hawks tells dabi.

Haw:"Get your ass downstairs.... NOW!~"

Dabi does as he's told and goes to the bedroom. He sits on the edge of the bed. Waiting for hawks orders.

While Hawks sits upstairs in anger.

Hawks:^Now that he knows. He might hurt the egg. I've got to ensure it's safety. I could tie him down, but staying home would be best. That way I can explain and keep watch on him.^

Dabi hears footsteps coming. So he puts his wrists together.

Hawks walks over and grabs Dabi's wrists to pin him to the bed. Hawks straddles dabi and leans over to his right ear.

Haw:"Looks like I've got the day off. Hope you don't mind us celebrating a day early, baby bluejay~"

Dabi gulps and spreads his legs and closes his eyes. Only for hawks to get off him and sit beside him.

Hawks:"Let me explain. You see, we're gonna be parents. That egg is your son. Apparently during Christmas. You fertilized an egg that I had. I didn't think it was possible either. Yet here we are. So now I'll ask you. Do you want to be a father?"^Depending on your response. I may have to take drastic actions.^

A feather moves ropes under the bed.

Dabi:"Are you really asking me that?!"

Hawks sighs in disappointment.

Hawks:"Then it can't be helped. You left me no other choice."
As Hawks leans back over to start restraining dabi. He stops when he sees dabi crying tears of joy.

Dabi:"This is my chance to be better than him. To be the father to him like I always wanted as a child. Whether they'll have a quirk or not, whether boy, girl, or whatever. I'll never tell them to give up on their dreams. We'll work together to give them the best future possible."

Dabi hugs Hawks while crying.