41: A Childish Wish

3rd person pov:

As enji tugs on the repaired quirk neutralizing colar. Hawks feathers point directly at him.

Enji:"I can't get this damn thing off!"

Hawks:"That's the point. Now that you're helpless."

Three feathers pierce enji's arms and pin then out by his sides to the wall.

Hawks gazes down without tilting his head.

Hawks:"I can kill you without worry."

As Hawks steps forward towards enji. Dabi grunts. Catching Hawks attention.

Hawks:"Poor babyblue~, he took away your entertainment."

Dabi taps his toes, and Hawks guard goes down.

Hawks:"Oh, you gotta use the restroom. Give me a moment to untie you, babe."

As Hawks turns around. Enji pulls, and the feathers go cleanly through his arms.

Enji:"Eyes on me  vulcher!"

Hawks sidesteps and pushes enji onto the bed. As Hawks cuts dabi free.

Dabi sits up and goes to stand up.

Enji:"Touya, run. I'll do everything I can to distract him."

Dabi doesn't say a word and heads to the restroom.

Hawks leans over enji to mutter in his ear.

Hawks:"He'll never leave me. I've shown him what would happen if he tried. Though for his good behavior. I'll let him do the honor of killing you. That way, his dream will come true."

Enji looks down in defeat.

Enji:"I'm not surprised that he wants me dead. I was the one who built up his dreams. Only to cast him aside when he wasn't perfect. I put all of my hopes into him. Then, I tried to rip them away."

Dabi walks back in, and Hawks hands him a knife.

Hawks:"Will do the honor?"

Dabi doesn't take the knife, but instead kisses hawks.

Stunning the bird hero.

Dabi:"Let's leave him al9ne. It would only draw more attention if he were to die. You can get a transfer and we can live together. We would be too far for him to find us ever again. Endeavor wouldn't be a threat then."

Dabi whispers in Hawks ear.

Dabi:"I'll never resist you, and I'll be the lovebird you've been want8ng. All you need to do is let him live."

Enji:"Touya, what are you saying? He'll kill you.  Don't do this!"

Dabi looks down and bends down to enji's eye level.

Dabi:"I understand now that you were only trying to protect me as a kid, but for this one time. Let me be the hero, and protect you, dad."

Enji begins to cry and wiggles in hopes of getting out of hawks grip.

Dabi stands up and grabs the knife from Hawks. Putting it to his own throat.

Dabi:"What will it be? A life of resistance and suicide attempts to get away from you or a happy life together?"

Hawks is ferrous, but at the slightest of movement from him or the feathers. Dabi niks his skin. Showing that he's faster than Hawks. So with a sigh. Hawks calls back all but one feather. Then he offers out a hand. Dabi takes it but keeps his other gripping the knife still.

Hawks:"I'll start packing our things for the move. Wait in the living room."

Once Hawks and dabi walk out of the room. The singular free feather shuts the door.

Hawks:"I'll call my boss and get the paperwork started. So long as you keep your end of the deal, Endeavor lives."

Enji sits in the room crying as his oldest has made him both proud and sad. Knowing the sacrifice he's just made.

Within minutes, boxes are packed, and dabi is in Hawks' arms as they fly to another town to start their new life together. However, the one feather stays behind with enji and gets behind him. Lifting high up.

Once moved into their countryside home.  Hawks pins dabi to the wall.

Hawks:"Now to keep your end of the deal."

Dabi kisses Hawks' neck to soothe his thirsts. Causing Hawks wings to shiver. That's when dabi gently runs his fingers through the feathers. Stroking soft and slow. Hawks lets out a moan before pushing dabi onto the couch.